VSC / TCS updates

juls

I haven't heard of any that are available here in Australia. As far as I'm aware, the Australian market is a little behind on receiving stuff like this. The Us market has had updates already for things like gear changes (even though they have been said to do nothing), but no word about a VSC type update. I do agree that the VSC in the Aurion could do with a little improvement though.

Last time I put my car in for a service, I asked if they had any ECU updates and they said that there was nothing available for my car. This could simply have been that service department though. After the service, I could swear my VSC was working slightly better and I thought maybe they did so some update, but I think I narrowed this down to the fact that my brake fluid was changed and the lines were freshly bled.

On a side note, I find my VSC has been less responsive now though ever since I changed my tires to something better and installing a front strut brace and new rear sway bar. Now it just likes to take a break and only wakes up when things get seriously out of control.

im the same as you daryl... my car lets me go nuts until it starts to get dangerous and then it kicks in...

it seems like for the first 20000kms it was all tight and restrictive, and now it just lets you go... :lol:

im the same as you daryl... my car lets me go nuts until it starts to get dangerous and then it kicks in...

it seems like for the first 20000kms it was all tight and restrictive, and now it just lets you go... :lol:

You know I have never had this "kick in" I drive fairly aggressively within the law if you know what I mean but I have never experienced this and only once the ABS also??

Can you describe a scenario where you are able to force this to happen cos' I'll go try it :rolleyes:

You know I have never had this "kick in" I drive fairly aggressively within the law if you know what I mean but I have never experienced this and only once the ABS also??

Can you describe a scenario where you are able to force this to happen cos' I'll go try it :rolleyes:

Those three words there kind of say a fair bit. Now I don't suggest driving like a hoon and putting yourself and others at risk, but for traction control to kick in on normal dry road (and you have alright tires), you need to push it past it's limits (ie. take a corner way faster than the speed limit). Also, wet roads makes it easier as well.

Those three words there kind of say a fair bit. Now I don't suggest driving like a hoon and putting yourself and others at risk, but for traction control to kick in on normal dry road (and you have alright tires), you need to push it past it's limits (ie. take a corner way faster than the speed limit). Also, wet roads makes it easier as well.

Hahaha I figured that! Next time it's wet or I'm on a lonely road I will kick it in the &$*& and see what we get B)

Just remember, if only the traction control light is flashing, and there is no beeping, this is just traction control working. Once you get it out enough so that it beeps as well, then you know VSC has thought it would be time to do some work. Wide open carparks in the wet are usually the best to familiarise yourself with the system.

My thoughts on the VCS is that it is not too bad, yes the VSC is a little restrictive however its is also entertaining to head into corners a bit fast and have it track straight through the coner as if its on rails. Im sure theres another 10-20% past where the VSC limit is however if guess for every day driving its ok.

its the TCS which is most restrictive and really detracts from the performance

With the TCS its things like when you turn out of a T intersection and accellerate and the TCS kicks in and retards everything for second or so. And when you go over uneven surface and the front wheel comes off the ground ever so slightly, TCS kicks in and stops everything for another second.

Instead of the TCS actually helping acelleration in low-traction scenarios, it just basically stops accelleration.

My thoughts are this is in place to avoid any excessive load on the gearbox. Im sure with the TCS off every day I would have it in to Toyota for a warranty claim on the transmission.

The thing I don't understand is the TCS is so restrictive however it does nothing for the axle tramp bouncing if you acellerate in the wet in a straight line. Other reasonably powered FWD cars Ive driven do not do this. Is it a design flaw?