Dust Problem in my LC 200 VX Diesel

Jose Miguel

Hello,

I'm from Chile,Patagonia, South America.

My brother and I bought 2 LC 200 VX Diesel on April 2008.

We imported them from Belgium.

This summer we went to the Chilean Patagonia and we traveled about 1000 Km on off-road .

We were shocked with the dust that ingress into the cabin in both LC 200.

We asked to our local dealer and he said that "It's normal"

Yes, sure .....normal

Well I don't think so., I'm not agree with that.

It's absolutely unusual that you can see the dust flying in front of your face .

It supposes that the LC it's made for this kind of off road travels

It's unacceptable that a vehicle of that COST present that kind of problem.

I have made the same travel many times in my old Land Rover Discovery 300 Tdi 1996 .... and surprise!!! I never had this disagreeable problem at this level.

Recently I've been in Bolivia and I've suffered the same problem ,a lot of dust in the cabin.

I really appreciate that if you heard of any solution could send me an e-mail (jmalcalde@netline.cl)

I hope that my English was understandable.

Sincerely,

Jose Miguel.

• 1 year later...

Huge problem....

I would suspect that you have a tow wiring harness fitted!

The grommet, if not fitted correctly has probably fallen out. check out the 'jack' location (rear right) and look for dust. if you see and dust, the grommet has fallen out! this will continue to happen unless you secure the harness so that there is no 'pressure' on the grommet.

good luck!

• 11 months later...

Seems like this is a serious design problem with the LC200, I to own one a 2009 model VX Turbo Diesel here in South Africa and it literally sucks dust into the cabin at every point, through door handles, rear tail gate tool holder section, and the jack compartment is like a vacuum cleaner, collects more dust than a sand storm. Toyota Quality Assurance is CRAP!!!! For a flagship vehicle of this calibre and cost and given that it's supposedly designed to be an offroader at heart, it does a worse job a keeping out dust than it entry level 4X4 sibblings..... WHAT A JOKE!!!!...........WAKE-UP TOYOTA OR YOU WILL LOSE CUSTOMERS IN DROVES!!!!! :angry:

Balooziggy

I have the same dust problem in my 200, so I ended up taking the vents out that are located directly behind the back wheels under the bumper. Once I had them out I wrapped them up in plastic and taped them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same dust problem in my 200, so I ended up taking the vents out that are located directly behind the back wheels under the bumper. Once I had them out I wrapped them up in plastic and taped them.

Scott, did it work? Assuming it did from your post but would like to know for sure.

Thanks