Skyline bumper for gen 4?

Sanctuary

Well exams are over and its time for me to start my next big project...my front bumper. Im wondering whether anyone out there has tried to fit the skyline bumper from the 98 models since the fronts are similar? I know some aftermarket front bumpers do actually use the R34 bumpers, i will be looking out for these bumpers at the wreckers i just wanted to know whether ill be wasting my time or not ^_^

I got a spare S1 R33 front bar off my skyline and it looks like it will come close to fitting on my gen4. if i remember correctly the bar looks to be a tad wider around the headlight area.

that said

I have not taken the front bar off my camry yet to see if it will actually go on. I've had the same ideas and with a spare bar laying around :P

But im guessin with a bit of chopping and reglassing you might be able to pull it off. GTR bar or the 400R bar on a camry :D I like a very much :P

If ya want i could line them up and take pic. Might give some sort of perspective

Maybe one day when im bored ill actually pull it off to see if the skyline bar fits

I got a spare S1 R33 front bar off my skyline and it looks like it will come close to fitting on my gen4. if i remember correctly the bar looks to be a tad wider around the headlight area

Yea i think i know wat you mean ive seen it myself

If ya want i could line them up and take pic. Might give some sort of perspective

That would be great :D

Maybe one day when im bored ill actually pull it off to see if the skyline bar fits

:nono: Go out and do it now! hehehe jks

Its good to see someone else been thinking about it so im not crazy, but if u could get those pics it would be a big help :D

Here ya go hope this helps a little.

I lied in my first post i think its more like a series 2 bar & I forget the style of this bar sorry

post-3505-1246071335_thumb.jpg

post-3505-1246071349_thumb.jpg

post-3505-1246071362_thumb.jpg

post-3505-1246071374_thumb.jpg

post-3505-1246071387_thumb.jpg

post-3505-1246071401_thumb.jpg

Im not to familar with the 34 bars but on the 33 you will have to add a grill section to the bar.

Good luck.

Well exams are over and its time for me to start my next big project...my front bumper. Im wondering whether anyone out there has tried to fit the skyline bumper from the 98 models since the fronts are similar? I know some aftermarket front bumpers do actually use the R34 bumpers, i will be looking out for these bumpers at the wreckers i just wanted to know whether ill be wasting my time or not ^_^

hi mate i have seen a camry in the states that has a skyline lookalike bumper and it looks awsome i was going to by the bumper but wrong gen camry but it looks sik here is a link to what the bumper looks like on the camry http://www.cardomain.com/ride/686310 and here is a link to where you can get the kit from http://www.bodykits.com/Extreme-Dimensions...-111017/614923/ i think you should get this its cheaper then modifying a different bumper from another car

sean

I was thinking more along the lines of something like this :

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Uras-body-kit-bumpe...%3A1%7C294%3A50

But thanks for your pics, they put the width into perspective for me.

hi mate i have seen a camry in the states that has a skyline lookalike bumper and it looks awsome i was going to by the bumper but wrong gen camry but it looks sik here is a link to what the bumper looks like on the camry http://www.cardomain.com/ride/686310 and here is a link to where you can get the kit from http://www.bodykits.com/Extreme-Dimensions...-111017/614923/ i think you should get this its cheaper then modifying a different bumper from another car

sean

Ive seen these before and ive got in contact with Extreme dimensions around april? :D Im wondering how much it would cost to ship over here, you guys know around how much, or a company i can call to ask?

Thanks for all your replies guys, really help :D