Battery Question.

Hi All,

have an 06 Conquest ZZE122R. battery i assume is stock. it is an FB Hi Dash (not sure what model) looking to upgrade the battery for a nice big deep cycle and wanting to know what fits in the factory location. does anyone know the largest dimension battery i can fit?

Cheers

Cheers for your responses guys. i compete in car audio street classes, so modding factory holder is not an option for me unfortunately. i guess i'll just have to disconnect my power cables and take the sucker out to measure it.

thanks again.

Whats the difference between going to a larger cca battery compared to getting one of those yellow top deep cycle batteries?

CCA = Cold Cranking Amps, basically how much "oomph" the battery can supply to start the car

Deep Cycle = A battery which can be run to a very low charge and still function correctly, designed to be drawing current for long periods of time.

Most normal car batteries are _not_ deep cycle (deep cycle is common for marine batteries, electric vehicles etc though), they are called SLI (Starting, Lighting, Ignition as that's all they do, start the car and run the lights if the engine is turned off) as once the car is running the alternator provides all the juice. Deep cycle batteries for cars are used when people want to run stereos/subs etc for long periods of time whilst the car is turned off and thus drawing juice from the battery. It also allows the car to be started after the battery has drained for much longer than normal car batteries.