05 Camry servicing

crinkles

Hi all, been a long time lurker. I plan on doing most of my own servicing, there are a few things I need some info on. coming up to 75,ooo km - i have the 4 cylinder motor.

at 75k the fuel filter needs to be done - is this doable at home?

when you buy a filter from the dealer, does it come with new o rings, or do you re-use?

where do you get the tacky sealant to re seal the service port below the back seat?

there is also an item coming up at about 90 or 105k, inspect valve clearances using sensory method - can any mechanic do this? I don't see the need to take the valve cover off (which is what the US gregory's manual suggests). which is why i'm guessing toyota has the sensory method - whatever that is.

these are the only two things that makes me a bit nervous, otherwise i do the oil and ATF changes - pretty straightforward.

I've found durablend 10w-30 to work really nicely in my 2AZ-FE...

The fuel filter isn’t too hard really, my father and I found it a little tricky getting it all to bits once it was out of the vehicle, but got it in the end. You don’t really need any sealant to seal it back down, the stuff that’s there is more than sufficient to stick and seal many times over. You get all you need with the filter from Toyota.

We haven’t done the vale clearances just yet, but it is over due. You will need to remove the rocker cover, and a set of feeler gauges the check the vale clearances, (sensory method) but really it should be still ok at that mileage, but if it isn’t that would be a job for a mechanic because you will need to add some shims.

Edited by mbruce

i service cost me $450 from toyota dealer. for camry 05 at 40000km

wow you got ripped... I paid 260 including the bogus 80 "fuel system flush" my ****...

especially since the major service is at 45k!

you got ripped too :P

mine costs me $100 each time. then again, i do half of it myself by the time my mechanic gets his hands on it

i service cost me $450 from toyota dealer. for camry 05 at 40000km

wow you got ripped... I paid 260 including the bogus 80 "fuel system flush" my ****...

especially since the major service is at 45k!

you got ripped too :P

mine costs me $100 each time. then again, i do half of it myself by the time my mechanic gets his hands on it

same here mate....i did oil and filter last weekend . tomorrow im booked into Cannon Toyota Camberwell to do the rest of the service - 70k one.....reckon she will cost around the 60-70$ mark like my 60k service :).....great guys down there