3vz-fe

sketra

Hey guys well i have my lexus which is also a camry version aswell.. The 3vz-fe..... well i want to know, are they easy to modify and can they ben turb'd or supe'd without forging the pistons and cams and everything else that may need doing. I want to turn my girl into a sleeper. Also she has done VERY VERY HIGH kilometres... make it 332,000 km's. and is going for its service.... and this girl has had regular services. Being every six months or less.

Rated one of the best engines made by Toyota, these things can handle double their stock power without having to forge the pistons or anything like that.

I'd suggest to read those topics from Trent's post... I've read them a few times as I have the same engine in my Camry too.

Oh cool thanks, yeah well i cant read those posts on the forum as a need to me a member, hmm might just add myself on there to read them lol... Thanks.... Sara

Depending what you want to spend, $ wise.

1MZ-FE TRD SC WILL fit fairly easily on the 3VZ-FE. You need to make an adapter tube to go between the throttle and SC to put the IAC valve (it;s in the intake plenum which the SC replaces). You can get rid of the 7th injector int he intake plenum by changing the 2 fuel rails to the ones from a 1MZ-FE which doesn't have the 7th injector.

Couple other issues:

1: You'll need to run a standalone ECU. I;ve heard the OEM ECU can;t deal with the power increase.

2: Being a RHD car, you'll have to change the brack/clutch master cylinder. Couple people have done this to the Gen 4 1MZ Camry there, and it should be the same for your car. But not 100% sure.

And I HIGHLY recommend replacing the Head Gaskets on the 3VZ before you boost, as that is the weak point.

Edited by ASG14

Oh cool thanks, yeah well i cant read those posts on the forum as a need to me a member, hmm might just add myself on there to read them lol... Thanks.... Sara

Yup thats the go