Camry gen 4.5 headlight removal

RoM2nV

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you can help me remove my stock headlights. I've managed to get out all of the screw/bolts etc but there is one little thing which doesn't allow me to remove the headlights. All parts of the headlight will move apart from the upper half of the outer section of the headlights. I can't find any screws or anything that will allow me to remove the headlights. Am I suppossed to pull the headlights with great force or is there a screw that I can't see.

Thanks tocau.

I'm having a bit more trouble than expected with the halo kit. Was just wondering how you guys ended up wiring the actual halo and the low beam to the car. Did anyone end up getting a female 9006/HB4 connector and swapped it with the stock h4 connector? Or did you buy a conversion kit or something else? Any help would be appreciated.

Yup thats exactly what I did. Make sure you have the positive and negatives right because LED's only work 1 way. And if you are really motivated, i'd upgrade those leds too as it isnt bright enough to light the whole ring up.

And I hope you have somehow adjusted the cut off if they are the ebay american ones!

Hmm true looks like wiring it into the parkers is the easiest option.

Anthony did you just get a wire and solder it in or did you get a clip/plug socket etc? Know where I could get one from? Also what do you mean about the cutoff? I haven't got any projectors in it, normal halogen globes or reflectors don't have a cutoff? Or do they? :huh:

What i did was take the park lights out of the original lights, and then take the bulbs out of the little plastic base solder the headlight wire into that. Then plug them straight in. I didnt really adjust anything with the headlights and they seem fine. I have regular halogen ones. Make sure you have the positive and the negative leads right before you solder tho

What I did was to strip a bit of the wire (without cutting the wire!) and solder the other wires on to each of those. Then tape them up. If you need to remove them, just cut it/ unsolder it and wrap them up again.

And halogens have cutoffs too. Just not as defined but it's still there slightly. You will be able to see it if you park in front of a white wall. (not directly but a couple of metres away.

8fa09aa.jpg

Edited by STYLSH

Ah true i see, learn something new everyday. i'll probably leave it as it is for now since i'm gonna get some projectors soonish.

Managed to get some 9006 female plugs, ill try remove the stock h4 connector and use the lowbeam and ground wires so that i can have the halos as seperate parkers. If this doesn't work, looks like i'll have to splice them in with the parkers :/

Thanks for all the help guys, i'm a nub at cars :rolleyes: ... gaining more skill though ahha!

Edit: got them installed, work fine, :D

Edited by RoM2nV