Replacing the Fuel Filter in a 2003 Kluger

Leon2003Kluger

G'day all,

I'm trying to do some home maintenance on my 2003 Kluger Grande. Have done the engine oil, oil filter, air filter, but the fuel filter I got from Toyota in Ferntree Gully is not like anything I have seen before - it is a large white plastic contraption (my 2 hands only just fit around it when clasped). The box describes it as "Filter Assy, Fuel, T23300-20130".

Has any-one done one before? Does any-one know where I could find a description of the process to replace?

Appreciate any advice.

Hi. The fuel filter is in the fuel tank and is attached to the fuel pump. Access is obtained by removing rear seat. Fuel system needs to be de-pressurised and care taken when removing the pump assembly not to interfere with fuel gauge sender unit. It is not difficult but a schematic view of the pump assembly/filter is helpful. May be best left to a mechanic if you are not comfortable with it, have the sparking plugs replaced by the mechanic at the same time as that is an awful job.

Roger

Hi. The fuel filter is in the fuel tank and is attached to the fuel pump. Access is obtained by removing rear seat. Fuel system needs to be de-pressurised and care taken when removing the pump assembly not to interfere with fuel gauge sender unit. It is not difficult but a schematic view of the pump assembly/filter is helpful. May be best left to a mechanic if you are not comfortable with it, have the sparking plugs replaced by the mechanic at the same time as that is an awful job.

Roger

Thanks for the comments Roger. Do you know where I could get the schematic from? How do you de-pressurise the fuel system? Are you speaking from experience re the spark plugs - what makes them so difficult?