ZRE HID

Hi, well I was wondering if the HID in the Corolla Levin ZR are H4 right? I have not pull it out to check but I was thinking of getting 6000k Replacement globe for them so I just wanted to know the size.

Cheers

Hi, well I was wondering if the HID in the Corolla Levin ZR are H4 right? I have not pull it out to check but I was thinking of getting 6000k Replacement globe for them so I just wanted to know the size.

Cheers

i pulled myne out the other day and my globes are D4S bulb type i dont think it would be H4 as high beam is a different globe im after the 8000k replacement globe aswell if you find some at the right price pm me and i will get some with ya

Charlie

Cheers

i pulled myne out the other day and my globes are D4S bulb type i dont think it would be H4 as high beam is a different globe im after the 8000k replacement globe aswell if you find some at the right price pm me and i will get some with ya

Charlie

They are about $25 included shipping for replacement on ebay. If you want 8000k just msg them cos I think they have 6000k as their standard.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2-REPLACE-SPARE-BUL...34.c0.m14.l1262

Edited by Nanjiro

sorry for hijack but do the ZRE levin Sx come with HID's from factory?

No, only the Levin ZR comes with HID from factory, hence the headlamp washers on the front bumper.

I got 10,000K with white xenon matching parkers on my ZRE.. but the best look is 8000K!

I stock HID kits with warranty can do fitting as well! Melbourne / Sunshine area. Sell and fitted to over 100 cars every month if your interested PM me.

Edited by jskill

I got 10,000K with white xenon matching parkers on my ZRE.. but the best look is 8000K!

I stock HID kits with warranty can do fitting as well! Melbourne / Sunshine area. Sell and fitted to over 100 cars every month if your interested PM me.

would you be able to show me what they look like ? And some pic of the 10 000k ?

• 7 months later...

Sorry to revive a dead thread.

I know in the Corolla user manual, for Halogen bulbs it says HB4.

However in the manual it says Discharge bulb is D4R, this is for the Sedan ZRE by the way. I assume discharge bulb means HID?

Since halogen bulbs are HB4's, would getting HB4 HID kit work? or do I need to get D4R?

You need a HB4 kit. The HID kit type you need is the same as your Halogen bulb, this is for fitment in your headlight. The HID (ZR) headlight will require D4R globes, which fit the HID headlight sockets...

You need a HB4 kit. The HID kit type you need is the same as your Halogen bulb, this is for fitment in your headlight. The HID (ZR) headlight will require D4R globes, which fit the HID headlight sockets...

Dutchie101,

Thanks for the clarification mate. Planning on getting the HB4 kit for my ZRE sedan to test them out. If its too much glare hopefully they will fit my Dad's 07 Camry Grande, since the Camry comes with projectors already.

Also another thing to rant about, how can a $40000 Camry not have HID standard!?! :angry:

Dutchie101,

Thanks for the clarification mate. Planning on getting the HB4 kit for my ZRE sedan to test them out. If its too much glare hopefully they will fit my Dad's 07 Camry Grande, since the Camry comes with projectors already.

Also another thing to rant about, how can a $40000 Camry not have HID standard!?! :angry:

Recession

Dutchie101,

Recession

Lol, we bought the car brand new at the start of 2007, that was before the GFC......

Ah well, at least if the HID doesn't work out for me, it will go into Dad's Camry, so it won't go to waste.