06-09 ACV40R Camry kms to a full tank?

elgrande

Hi El, you already have a 07 Camry Grande, don't know why you need a 06 Altise for.

When i used to have the 07 Camry Sportivo, fuel consumption base on my manual calculation, which is much more accurate than in-dash computer, is around 11.5 to 12 L/100k, computer always display 1L lower, bull****! 95% Sydney Metro driving, 5% free way, driving style: normal, not too hash, not too slow. With 70L tank, theoricaly i can get 583 Km out one tank but normaly only 450Km and the computer say range = 0 .

That thing is so slow, sluggish and drink the same amount of juice as V6 Aurion, so i got rid of it. My old manual 91 Camry can beat it without a sweat. The only plus is it looks beautiful, no doubt.

Edited by lang_tu_syd

Yeah I picked the Altise up cheap just to drive to work, as my wife drives the Grande during the week cos its got the baby seat in it.

I would of got a Aurion, but I just love the look of the Camry LoL

I've had my fun with powerful cars when I use to have my 270kw at the wheels S14, now my daughter came along theres no need to go fast. Just want somethin that looks nice :D

I agree tho the dash computers are bulls@#t

I'm yet to really test out the fuel consumption in mine but I'm pretty happy with it, it'd certainly get me over the 600km mark. I seem to average 10-11 litres around town, mainly as it's short trips, and then judging on the amount of fuel it uses and using the dash reading as a rough gauge I'm getting around 7.8-8.5 litres per 100km on the freeway. For the meet in Melbourne I went to last week I started with a full tank and got back to Bendigo with it a bit under 3 quarters of a tank, so probably about 25 odd litres used (quarter of a tank = 17.5 litres, 70/4) and it's about 150km each way, so 300km, plus some city driving.

Edited by Tash

looks like im the winner here... full tank with bp ultimate i get is just over 655km full tank !! i normally get about 8.2ltrs / 100kms too!

Heheheh gotta love driving manuals :toast:

I will try to make a note to test it out next time I go back up to NE Vic cos it's about 220km each way then the driving I do around there.

looks like im the winner here... full tank with bp ultimate i get is just over 655km full tank !! i normally get about 8.2ltrs / 100kms too!

Heheheh gotta love driving manuals :toast:

I will try to make a note to test it out next time I go back up to NE Vic cos it's about 220km each way then the driving I do around there.

quick question... when you guys say full tank, do you mean you drive the car until the red light comes on?

i normally am looking at the guage and currently at 1 bar below the halfway mark, i've only clocked 290kms. is this normal or is it becoz i am alternate between E10 and normal unleaded? or theres a problem with consumption in my car?

any idea how long you can go for when the low fuel light comes on... nver had the b*lls to push it juz in case I get stuck on some freeway...

I'm yet to really test out the fuel consumption in mine but I'm pretty happy with it, it'd certainly get me over the 600km mark. I seem to average 10-11 litres around town, mainly as it's short trips, and then judging on the amount of fuel it uses and using the dash reading as a rough gauge I'm getting around 7.8-8.5 litres per 100km on the freeway. For the meet in Melbourne I went to last week I started with a full tank and got back to Bendigo with it a bit under 3 quarters of a tank, so probably about 25 odd litres used (quarter of a tank = 17.5 litres, 70/4) and it's about 150km each way, so 300km, plus some city driving.

Hi Tash, the fact that yours is manual overcome the lagging problem and it might help with fuel consumption too. If it wasn't for my missus who can only drive Auto, i would have taken a manual. Lagging problem with 5SP Auto was un-bearable to me. I remember everytime i tried to accelerate out of a corner or a roundabout, if i push it gentle, it'll slowwwly creeping up and if i want to go fast and put my foot down too hard, it makes the situation even worst. It took 1.5 to 2 second for the car to decide that it need to kick down to lower gear and accelerate, believe me i counted the time! So the way i adopted to overcome that lagging problem is to press my foot down 1.5 to 2 second before i needed it to accelerate hard. :lol:

Ok back to the topic, i've also got pretty good fuel consumption on freeway around 8.5L/100Km with 91RON Unleaded but hey, which car isn't? A Hummer?

those are pretty sweet figures.

im not doing too bad myself with a gen3 camry (auto). i get from about 10-11L/100km normal city driving. not driving like a dead person and not flooring it. i get some sweet figures on the highway. last time i drove to melb from syd, i made it on one tank. fill up as i left syd, fill up again in melb. cant complain. i think i was getting around 6.8-7.5L/100km that trip.

quick question... when you guys say full tank, do you mean you drive the car until the red light comes on?

I do not worry too much about kms per tank, I just focus on my average consumption (litres used per 100km travelled) as it provides the best basis of comparison in my opinion. To calculate this, you will need to fill your car to full and reset the tripmeter each time you fill up.

To calculate, divide the litres taken by the number of kilometres travelled since last fill and multiply by 100.

Looking at my last receipt:

L: 57.71

Km: 548.2

57.71/548.2 X 100 = 10.5272

Therefore, I'm using 10.53L/100km. I drive a 1999 Camry V6 manual and most of my driving for that period was urban but with a few runs on the freeway.

i normally am looking at the guage and currently at 1 bar below the halfway mark, i've only clocked 290kms. is this normal or is it becoz i am alternate between E10 and normal unleaded? or theres a problem with consumption in my car?

If you calculate your L/100km, then it might be easier to tell if that is right. I recently saw a comparison which found E10 to be the least economical fuel, so this could impact your fuel consumption. The results I have seen suggest in some cases a car can use an extra litre of E10 per 100km when compared to ULP.

any idea how long you can go for when the low fuel light comes on... nver had the b*lls to push it juz in case I get stuck on some freeway...

Again, it depends on your average fuel consumption rather than being kilometre based. If the light comes on and you drive hard, then the remaining fuel will run out much quicker than if you take it easy.

When I filled up last week, the orange light had been on for about 5km. Considering I took almost 58 litres, I'd say I had about 12 litres in reserve but at that level there could be more gunk in the tank than fuel and hence Toyota and most mechanics will tell you its not wise to drive long distances with the fuel light on. But, going by my average and what in theory should be left in the tank, 100 kilometres on the light would not have been out of the question IN THEORY.

Hi Tash, the fact that yours is manual overcome the lagging problem and it might help with fuel consumption too. If it wasn't for my missus who can only drive Auto, i would have taken a manual. Lagging problem with 5SP Auto was un-bearable to me. I remember everytime i tried to accelerate out of a corner or a roundabout, if i push it gentle, it'll slowwwly creeping up and if i want to go fast and put my foot down too hard, it makes the situation even worst. It took 1.5 to 2 second for the car to decide that it need to kick down to lower gear and accelerate, believe me i counted the time! So the way i adopted to overcome that lagging problem is to press my foot down 1.5 to 2 second before i needed it to accelerate hard. :lol:

Ok back to the topic, i've also got pretty good fuel consumption on freeway around 8.5L/100Km with 91RON Unleaded but hey, which car isn't? A Hummer?

Good point - I haven't actually driven an auto Gen 6 Camry (would love to as a comparison). One thing that is interesting to note though is that there is a certain bit of "lag" present in the manual also, when you give it to it there is a really noticeable rev range where the car will kick in and go. I found this an interesting concept to adjust to when I first got the car, and now after 6 months of owning it I have gotten the hang of it and used to the feel of the car.

Obviously this would be present in other new cars too, but it took me a little to adjust coming from a Gen 3 manual which would just launch itself if you stuck the pedal down, whereas you need a different approach in the Gen 6 to really get it moving if that makes sense.

i had on 09 altise a few weeks back and had to fill it up more than the aurion and i was driving it like a skirt

Ahahahahah! Thanks for a good laugh :D

Great write-up on measuring fuel consumption too JMacca :)

• 1 month later...

From my experience on my altise 06, Metro drive takes me 12-13L/100kms, I do drive the car very brutally, but on highway, its pretty good, I recorded 1040kms on my trip to and back between Sydney and Young, back to the patrol station with tank lights on, refilled 65L, so still have 5L there, pretty happy with highway result, but pretty thirsty in metro, honestly.

• 2 weeks later...

only just recently bought my camry sportivo 07 and fuel consumtion isn't too bad. Only filled up twice, first time filled up 55 litres and fuel light came on about 550km so I filled up but could have stretched it a bit more but wanted to be safe, this was half metro half freeway driving. Filled up last week and managed 56 litres, now on half a tank at 340kms this trip, computer says range is 320km at 8.0L/100km so technically i should get 640km out of this tank. The lowest I have seen is 7.6L/100 and the most is 9.2 but sits around 8 - 9 L on average which i'm happy about.

• 4 weeks later...
Wow you guys got some good figures there

i get about 11-12L/100km outta my tank

same here... mines due to alot of start stop for traffic and lights... pain in the butt to have to go through city traffic...