P-Platers treatment

yesterday, my friend was getting harassed by a riced up lancer (green P= 18~ age) so the next lights i jumped out and said "are you harrassing my girlfriend" with my hand in my pocket for some reason (wielding my danger phone!), he replied "we were just having a bit of fun" and drove away with my friend cursing her head off at em. Hilarious!

bahahahahahah thats the best thing i have ever heard

My friend is a worksafe officer and he had a ripper to tell me about abusive cops.

It goes along the lines of the copper pulls him over for speeding he admitted he was and gave him licence and expected a ticket, the officer apparently decided admitting he was speeding deserved a long winded rant about people like him being the reason so many people are killed on the roads etc. It was then that this worksafe officer noticed that this particular policeman had approached him on the side of a busy road WITHOUT his high visibility vest on.

Long story short he got a $150 speeding fine adn the cop got a $200 infringement from worksafe for not wearing his high visibility vest.

Classic

sorry to say but your story seems suspect..... seems to me your not telling us the whole truth, i doubt very much a police officer would use that type of language for such a minor infringement...im just talking from personal experiance

and your p plate is obscered, by law in nsw you must have it attached to a plate holder or have magnet type

some cops use that language i remeber back in year 9 an officer caught me and my mate jigging the last day of school we lied and said we dotn have school and he replied with " you better not be **** with me becasue ill **** you right back ill **** you so hard youll have an extra **** hole" we told him the truth and he let us continue, scared the **** out of me thats for sure. Back on topic only time ive encounted a rude officer was when i was pulled over for "random breath testing" and he asked me to pop my hood.

at least he didnt ask to pop your trunk~ badaboom tish! *Cough Cough*

i have a plastic bag in my rear seat (for rubbish so its not all over the floor) and black material in the side pockets of the rear seats which contain screwdriver, electrical tape and other stuff i use when i fix my audio, they asked me what you got there and whats that, someone was really thorough~ kinda scared that they will ask what the hammer was for (im paranoid that if i fall in a river, i can use it to break the windows).

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think it's so much P plater's per se that the cops go for, just young dudes. I only bothered to get my license a couple of years ago when I was 29. I'm still on my green P's, but I think because I look a bit older and have a beard and glasses, the cops realise they wont have much success intimidating me: they are always either friendly or disinterested. But if ever I had any dealings with police when I was a teenager (and I never actually did anything wrong), they were always ****holes - no exception.

Though a few weeks back, I apparently accidentally went through a stop sign at a roadworks site in WA (didn't see it). The worker at the other end was just as aggressive as you described the policeman you ran into. It seemed like he just wanted to have a big argument. It was an honest mistake, there was no oncoming traffic and there was nothing I could do to make amends, so I just dismissively said "yeah alright" and drove off. That's been my only negative experience (except for a road rage incident with a psycho motorcyclist!).

Edited by bleurgh