Adding a K&N cold air intake and custom exhaust

CamrySportivo22

Technically you're meant to get a gain from the intake... but realistically, there's next to no difference.

The exhaust on the other hand... if setup correctly, can give you maybe a few kw gain? Much of a muchness.

give bursons a call, they can order K&N CAI's for camrys from the US... ive seen a few now. try ebay too. www.toyotanation.com, alot of camrys with mods there.

• 2 months later...
Will adding a CAI and sports exhaust affect the overal electronics of the car? Or is it simply just resetting the ECU so the car knows about its new figures?

The Camrys are smarter than you think. If they see more air coming in, the AFM will adjust the fuel to match that... so there's next to no gain there. The 3VZs on the other hand you can manually modify the ACIS component where it drops more fuel into the engine and giving slightly more power. Normally this doesn't happen until 4k rpm, but once the mod's done, it will happen all the way throughout the rpm range.

The Y pipe on the V6s is where you'll make gains. If you get a custom Y pipe made, you can get much better flow and some more of that lost power. If you combine with a custom set of extractors, high flow cat and slightly larger pipe and decent muffler... I could imagine that the pickup, response and power will be much better.

Wouldn't say useless, but not worth it.

Unless you're able to MAKE the car take in more air, the car might be able to get some gains there. CAI on much higher powered cars will have a noticeable difference for sure. Most Camry people I know who have done their intake do it for the noise factor and looks too :P

There MIGHT be slightly better response, but that's really about it.

Unless you're able to MAKE the car take in more air, the car might be able to get some gains there. CAI on much higher powered cars will have a noticeable difference for sure. Most Camry people I know who have done their intake do it for the noise factor and looks too :P

Thanks for your reply whip, i know my camry aint no 350z but i wanted a CAI for the noise factor and looks too! I just dont want to install it and having buzzers and all that stuff going off and then other things going wrong (when in actual fact there isnt anything wrong. I remember reading about someone installing CAI on there 07 camry I4 and some stuff like that happend.

Still 70-30 with getting the CAI done, if anything this mod will be done in the new year before uni kicks off again.

Edited by private number

Thanks for your reply whip, i know my camry aint no 350z but i wanted a CAI for the noise factor and looks too! I just dont want to install it and having buzzers and all that stuff going off and then other things going wrong (when in actual fact there isnt anything wrong. I remember reading about someone installing CAI on there 07 camry I4 and some stuff like that happend.

Still 70-30 with getting the CAI done, if anything this mod will be done in the new year before uni kicks off again.

buddy!

man, for the several hundred bucks ya gona spend on a cai, might as well spend it on a good exhaust set up and a panel filter :)

audio satisfaction from the panel filter probably will not match the cai/sri tho!

PS: how did exams go??

Tinz! yeah i know, was planning to get the CAI or panel filter done at around the same time as exhaust within a week of eachother anyway.

exams are still going mate, last one tomorrow then i can tackle my mod list. might head down to advance tyres in burnley if i get the chance tomorrow arvo.