Navigation hack progress?

ToXiCFiSH79

G'day all,

Just about to pickup my new AWD Grande tomorrow, and I was wondering if there is any success in find an over-ride or hack for the toyota Nav system fitted in the Grande's?

Also - is it true that the only compatible VAIS unit is the basic ipod box? (advanced ice seem to believe this is the case).

Thanks in advance...

G'day all,

Just about to pickup my new AWD Grande tomorrow, and I was wondering if there is any success in find an over-ride or hack for the toyota Nav system fitted in the Grande's?

Also - is it true that the only compatible VAIS unit is the basic ipod box? (advanced ice seem to believe this is the case).

Thanks in advance...

No I am afraid. I am sure if it comes, it will come as a module to cancel the speed.

But I am sure it can't kill the speed all together. If you go under the tunnel and lose the GPS signal, your car speed will continue to guide the location.

I guess a module to convert speed = 0 to say 5 will do I guess.

There are many unit to connect iPod to, but yet to see a unit that display CD text ... I guess there must be one outthere that I have not found out.

G'day all,

Thanks in advance...

No I am afraid. I am sure if it comes, it will come as a module to cancel the speed.

But I am sure it can't kill the speed all together. If you go under the tunnel and lose the GPS signal, your car speed will continue to guide the location.

I guess a module to convert speed = 0 to say 5 will do I guess.

There are many unit to connect iPod to, but yet to see a unit that display CD text ... I guess there must be one outthere that I have not found out.

Thanks for the update, i appreciate it.

What's the opinion out there on the best ipod/Iphone 3G "box" for the grande nav system? (is it the base VAIS unit?)

Also - anything enabling video on the front screen yet, A/Ice don't yet have a solution :-( ?

Thanks again.

HI ALL,

I have installed this unit from the USA, overides the NAV & Phone lockout, works a treat.

visit http://www.prestigioussociety.com/ , you can order online for USD$265 or about $300 AUD, was here in a week, great service, no problems.

You or your passenger can now set destinations and use the phone functions. IT works by tricking the unit into thinking you are stationery for approx 5 mins.

You can turn it on or off at the push of a button or it will turnoff theoveride after 5 mins. took about an hour to install, we did have to chage 1 connector, but any auto elec can do it.

You should note that we couldnt get the VIDEO bypass to work, the US version must be wired a little different,

Hope this helps

MARK

Edited by justgotone

HI ALL,

I have installed this unit from the USA, overides the NAV & Phone lockout, works a treat.

visit http://www.prestigioussociety.com/ , you can order online for USD$265 or about $300 AUD, was here in a week, great service, no problems.

You or your passenger can now set destinations and use the phone functions. IT works by tricking the unit into thinking you are stationery for approx 5 mins.

You can turn it on or off at the push of a button or it will turnoff theoveride after 5 mins. took about an hour to install, we did have to chage 1 connector, but any auto elec can do it.

You should note that we couldnt get the VIDEO bypass to work, the US version must be wired a little different,

Hope this helps

MARK

Thanks Mark, awesome update.

Any pics you may have of the install by any chance? and may i ask, what was the connector you needed to change?

well, by now everyone knows that if you hold the info button and flick the headlights on and off 3 times you get the service menu, but i was mucking around tonight and i touched the top left corner, then bottom right corner and a further diagnostics menu appears, but sadly no further into the workaround at this point... surely a few changes to some hex values will open this puppy up!

anyone out there able to open/decode the .KWI file(s) necessary?