Gen 5 V6 Manual 1/4 Mile times?

birdie

Hi guys, I've got a 2002 Camry Sportivo V6 Manual, I was just wondering what sort of times people have managed to get down the 1/4 mile in them?

It's not something that you'd see hittin the dragstrip much...

I'd imagine around mid 16s... low 17s... depending on how you drive. They're a bulky car, at stock suspension, wheels and no mods to the engine, you can't expect too much out of it. Supercharged 1MZs on Gen 4s would only get 2-3 secs better than that anyway on a 4 psi pulley.

Lucky it's a manual... :)

It's not something that you'd see hittin the dragstrip much...

I'd imagine around mid 16s... low 17s... depending on how you drive. They're a bulky car, at stock suspension, wheels and no mods to the engine, you can't expect too much out of it. Supercharged 1MZs on Gen 4s would only get 2-3 secs better than that anyway on a 4 psi pulley.

Lucky it's a manual... :)

I was thinking it would be quicker than that... Considering I got a 16.6 out of my 97 Corolla Seca... and the Camry is definitely quicker than it... Also considering the TJ Magna's are similar weight and a slightly more power (about 160kw) and i've got cousins that have them and they got theirs down to the mid to high 14s...

I'll have to put it down the strip myself and see...

Who knows, you just might be right. It all comes down to the driver really.

I have no problems keeping up with TJ Magnas... they might claim to be 160kw but my 3L 3VZ has no issues keeping with the Aussie Magna Club :) I guess the Toyota engines were just better built? Dunno...

just looking at that sheet, looking at a lot of the other v6's you see at the drags (namely falcons and commodores, averaging at least 3.5-4.0 litres), the 3.0 1mz does a pretty good job keeping up (and a lot of the time beating them :P)!

If i remember correctely, its pretty sure its around 15.6-16 as per spec sheets that I have seen.

And here it is. Compares most of the common cars.

http://www.jaftan.com.au/928/400m.pdf

So according to that spec sheet they can do a 15.5.. i wonder if that is the manual or auto time??? cause if its the auto time you could take a bit more of that...

Also that lists the magna times as around the 15.2 or so... i know my cousins have got theirs down to 14.5 basically stock... so i'm fairly confident the Camry (in Manual) should be at least low 15s...

Well... you could easily do better than that. For all we know, the person who was driving when the specs were printed might have been either a sook or a complete powerhouse nutcase... Each engine wears differently over time.. you can't expect the engine to hold the same power 3-5-10 years down the track can you?

If i remember correctely, its pretty sure its around 15.6-16 as per spec sheets that I have seen.

So according to that spec sheet they can do a 15.5.. i wonder if that is the manual or auto time??? cause if its the auto time you could take a bit more of that...

Also that lists the magna times as around the 15.2 or so... i know my cousins have got theirs down to 14.5 basically stock... so i'm fairly confident the Camry (in Manual) should be at least low 15s...

Remember that everyone tests and times cars differently. It can depend on track, day, time of day, weather, whether they had a full tank of fuel or not, whether they had a second person in the car (either Wheels or Motor do this), how well the driver "knew" the car and could launch it, whether the run was done in both directions etc etc etc.

And timeslips of cars "basically stock" (to me than means they AREN'T stock) at a drag strip have to be taken with a grain of salt too - if they're not exactly stock, what mods have been done to improve performance? And did they do as most people do and remove spare tyre/back seats etc to get the weight down a bit, thus also tainting the result?

Remember that everyone tests and times cars differently. It can depend on track, day, time of day, weather, whether they had a full tank of fuel or not, whether they had a second person in the car (either Wheels or Motor do this), how well the driver "knew" the car and could launch it, whether the run was done in both directions etc etc etc.

And timeslips of cars "basically stock" (to me than means they AREN'T stock) at a drag strip have to be taken with a grain of salt too - if they're not exactly stock, what mods have been done to improve performance? And did they do as most people do and remove spare tyre/back seats etc to get the weight down a bit, thus also tainting the result?

That's exactly it ay... there's so many variables that can be taken into consideration. All you have to do is LOOK the wrong way and there goes half a second hahahahaha

This reminds me. I said I didn't want to go there again, but I now want to go back to Willowbank. Was watching One HD the other day and saw they have a new LED Christmas tree and green time board. I'm a bit of an electronics nut and wouldn't mind checking it out :lol: