camry interior light

outback

• 2 weeks later...
^ Ding

There is a little slot to stick the flathead in as well. You can't miss it.

Be careful though if it is anything like the 2005 model which has slots on both sides but only one is correct the other may well cause things to snap

thanks for all the replys.. so i finaly got around to poping the cover off.. found the slot for it after having a closer look.. lol

but now it magicly works??

well. when its ON its on no flickers or anything.. but when it switched to the door mode, it either doesnt come on at all or it flickers and dims down..

i am not that fussed about it, but i was just wondering if it a comman issue? or like a wiring issue? (i was going to get another globe sometime this week and see if that solves it)

thanks.. :help:

Edited by outback

When you have it switched to 'DOOR' try opening the door then go to the door sin switch (located near the latch and usually with a rubber boot around it) and jiggle it around etc. If your light responds to that, the problem may actually lie within your door switch. These can go bad over time since with the older cars, it grounds the full current from the light through the door switch. Over time carbon gets built up on it and it stops working. You can usually take it apart though and sand it all clean again.

If the above procedure does not work, the problem can lie within the selector switch for the light. This can be taken apart and cleaned up as well too.

When you have it switched to 'DOOR' try opening the door then go to the door sin switch (located near the latch and usually with a rubber boot around it) and jiggle it around etc. If your light responds to that, the problem may actually lie within your door switch. These can go bad over time since with the older cars, it grounds the full current from the light through the door switch. Over time carbon gets built up on it and it stops working. You can usually take it apart though and sand it all clean again.

If the above procedure does not work, the problem can lie within the selector switch for the light. This can be taken apart and cleaned up as well too.

dude! your full of anwsers :)

yeah im thinkin the door sensor swtitch things are the proplems! i went through opend each door one by one.. jiggle n wiggled it around.. and now most of the time the light comes on no worries.. but there is sometimes a flicker still so now i've got to go about taking off the rubber around the door sensor thing and clean it up?? lmao off to google to try and work out how to take the rubber off! thnx!