Undercar lighting...

Dan1862

Okay, maybe I'm "one of those" but I love the illusion of my car floating above the ground by using undercar neon's/LED's, and I've sorely tempted to buy a setup for my car, however before I do, I would like to know the legality of using a setup like this in NZ if anyone is aware of this, as where I'm from, it's *technically* not illegal as long as you can't see the actual neon/LED (ie: all you can see is the reflection of light from on the floor) and I'd really like to fit a kit over here, however at $350+ for a good setup, I don't want to hand over the $$$ only to find out that I can't drive with the lights on, so any advice on this would be greatly appreciated as I'm having trouble finding the exact rulings/laws on it over here.

Thanks for any advice

Edited by Dan1862

Just my luck... I gave up looking last night, but first thing this morning, I jump on the land transport website, and find exactly what it was I was looking for...

http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/vehicles/...ghts-right.html

At least now I know (in theory at least) I can go ahead with fitting them... I think the police may not like me much (even though I'm probably one of the more mature modders out there) if I put them on, as I've seen people turn them off as they go past a police car and such... decisions decisions :ph34r: ... me wanty!