Aurion Sportivo ZR6

stepbro

Until recently my car started at the first push of the button. Now it turns over six to ten times prior to starting. I have tried changing the fuel to higher grade and i have even taken the car to the garage (as its still under warranty) only to be told its ok and they managed to put 100Km onto the car in the process. Now i know there is a fault as i have had this car for the last two years and it starts first time every time.

Has anyone any ideas?

Apparently the fuel pressure and spark plugs are fine (according to the garage). :help:

Edited by stepbro

How many k's are on the car?

One thing you should try is to give it some very light throttle when you press the start button. See if that makes it turn over any quicker. Just one of those things I would try doing to help narrow it down.

How many k's are on the car?

One thing you should try is to give it some very light throttle when you press the start button. See if that makes it turn over any quicker. Just one of those things I would try doing to help narrow it down.

The car currently has 48K on the clock.

As for the battery i had that checked at a independant garage and apparently its fine.

The garage did come up the idea of starting the car using the throttle but they recommended full throttle which even i now is not good for the engine but i could try slight throttle.

I have started switching on the Aux prior to starting which seems to make an improvement, i don't know why, as it doesnt sound like its powers the fuel pump maybe i'm just thinking it will do something.

As the Aurion has a fully electronic throttle controlled by ECU, I'm not to sure whether holding throttle during starting would do much. When the car starts, it will automatically bring the engine RPM slightly higher on first start anyway - especially when cold.

Even if the garage says the battery is okay, sometimes they can go bad prematurely. Maybe get the battery checked by an auto electrician to be sure. Some insurance companies will test it properly for free too. One of my cars used to take about 12 cranks to start... but turned out the battery had a faulty cell that had shorted out. Car takes only 3 cranks to start now.

Edited by dave262

As the Aurion has a fully electronic throttle controlled by ECU, I'm not to sure whether holding throttle during starting would do much. When the car starts, it will automatically bring the engine RPM slightly higher on first start anyway - especially when cold.

Even if the garage says the battery is okay, sometimes they can go bad prematurely. Maybe get the battery checked by an auto electrician to be sure. Some insurance companies will test it properly for free too. One of my cars used to take about 12 cranks to start... but turned out the battery had a faulty cell that had shorted out. Car takes only 3 cranks to start now.