[FOUND] new corolla front and rear tower braces

chicken

i asked the seller and he said the rear tower brace bolts directly to the rear struts! i think thats great so it doesnt get in the way of boot space but is it just as effective? your thoughts?

Being so low and close to the chassis brace that comes with the car I'd say it'll do nothing. If the chassis isn't flexing there it doesn't need reinforcement, but I have never put a strain gauge there to see.

i asked the seller and he said the rear tower brace bolts directly to the rear struts! i think thats great so it doesnt get in the way of boot space but is it just as effective? your thoughts?

Being so low and close to the chassis brace that comes with the car I'd say it'll do nothing. If the chassis isn't flexing there it doesn't need reinforcement, but I have never put a strain gauge there to see.

oh ok. makes sense that trd designed it differently. ill save for new tyres instead

Edited by chicken

The european and japanese models have an extra brace from factory there so i reckon it would make a diff. That's why that black plastic thing has so much extra room inside it.

brace bars with bends in them, are rarely very effective. many toyotas have an optional rear tower brace system, that fitted standard in some markets. does anyone have a pic of the jap market rear brace???

I have asked this ebay seller for installed pics, and he has none, so its likely that they wont fit, or wont fit properly. he may be just another on-seller of cheap rubbish. until someone gets a set, there is no-way to know. as I said however, bent bars rarely do the intended stiffening job.

Edited by terryo

i fitted a facelift yamaha rsb and surprisingly that made a difference for only being attached at 1 point of the strut mounting points and being so flimsy for a sb. if you use your imagination you could make one in no time....................

Photo-0298.jpg

interesting bar AE102. What difference has it made?

The seller was willing to sell it to me for $200 plus $50 shipping so thats like a cost of a branded front tower brace. It looks very similar to the cusco and summit front brace. Someone can buy it just for the front. If the rear fits then thats a bonus.

can you post up a complete pic.???

that floor reinforcement panel is triple layer and to make an improvment, you would need a HUGE hollow rod. some basic statics maths will show you that, beacuse it acts as a bucking column .

the proper way to improve the rear stiffness is to add a bar up high like was done in the ST205's GpA cars

interesting bar AE102. What difference has it made?

The seller was willing to sell it to me for $200 plus $50 shipping so thats like a cost of a branded front tower brace. It looks very similar to the cusco and summit front brace. Someone can buy it just for the front. If the rear fits then thats a bonus.

its a stock bar fiited to the facelift models - made by yamaha. i didint expect to notice it to be fair but it made a noticeable difference, reduced flexing thats for sure and tightened the rear up. i plan on putting one the other mount bolt - but i'll knock that up myself. i

can you post up a complete pic.???

that floor reinforcement panel is triple layer and to make an improvment, you would need a HUGE hollow rod. some basic statics maths will show you that, beacuse it acts as a bucking column .

the proper way to improve the rear stiffness is to add a bar up high like was done in the ST205's GpA cars

i'll get a proper pic - its mounted to the strut mount bolt and it does make a difference, thats why it was fitted on the facelift. i doubt it will offer the same improvement as the TRD tower brace but for £40 i'm happy - but yes the TRD one will be going in at some stage to compliment it.

I'm currently designing a rear brace for a road/track ZZE123 being built at my work. To keep the rear seats and boot space as normal, then a high level brace wont be easy, but it will be the most effective. see pic on http://www.trdparts.jp/english/parts_towerbar.html

I cannot explain the comments about the floor brace as pictured , as it should do very little by the looks. Maybe done like this to make it "bolt-on" for selected markets. Changing the floor cross section would have been cheaper/easier on the production line.

The pics on the KX-F3 site dont show enough to be useful

I'll keep you all posted. if anyone wants something making that will actually work, let me know

Edited by terryo

This is the one in my car atm:

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

My mate and I might be making some very similar to mine but bracket will be bolted to bar, not welded as mine is. This is so you can keep the side trim if you would like to.

Also its not that colour anymore, it's black now. That was during testing phase.

It pretty much has the same position as the TRD rear strut bar.

• 2 weeks later...