Corolla sportivo spring setup

Hey guys,

I want to lower my corolla sportivo and i no some guys on the forum say that you run lows at the front and superlows at the rear. Does anyone have this set up and some photos just to see how low it actually looks. Also i was wondering if i could just run the stocks shocks with that king springs setup?

Cheers for any help

This is a great combination if you want your corolla to ride level.

from experience....

If you do want a better handling setup, i'd go Lows all round.

The SuperLows and the Lows have the same spring free height, however the Superlows are a lower spring rate and thus "sag" more.... giving that "superlow" look.

See on the other hand i did pedders, and they only have the low all round combo. and honestly im not happy, I still want to go low/superlow combo (it handles well but the height difference just kills me), but then again ive never had the l/sl set up so i wouldnt know whats better handling wise.

ahhk cheers. You guys wouldnt happen to have any photos just to see how she sits with the low/superlow setup.

Also just wondering if i can run the stock shocks aswell or will i need to buy em aswell. Kind of tight on $$$ right now

King springs will still give you that surprise slap over/understeer like the stock springs do. But I find the Eibachs are relentless in not allowing that to happen. They are a very good option if you want an extremely safe raceline like handling characteristic. But note, you absolutely cannot slip and slide [fun] with Eibachs, they just won't let you... :o The ride is margainly nicer with Eibachs too. [/splitting hairs]

Gav.

Firstly springs dont sag..... suspension bushes do!! If you do not index the trailing arm and or rear torsion beam bushes they over time will eventually give up and let the suspension sag because of the fatigue factor of the bush trying to hold the suspension at point A(stock height) wheras it now sits a point b(lowered height)

I have run both lows and the super low rear combo and the latter is by far better. MY car finally sat level and best of all the rear didn't jump around like and empty wheel barrow on steriods!! Eibachs are good Gav but only a 30mm drop according to the catalogue and are on the softish side of ride quality. Perhaps combined with Koni's might be ok but with KYB's or stocko's it will be a rather comfy ride in the lounge chair.

Yes the lows/superlows have different spring rates but by running adjustable struts it is very easy to set up and get the perfect balance. MY car tracked perfectly on hard cornering on smooth and rough surfaces as well as lit off oversteer being almost completely eliminated.

I know there are a lot of members out there who disbelief the theory and set up but everyone has a different driving style depending on what you have owned previously will ultimately affect how you drive a Sportivo. Some people love to man handle the car aggressively which may look spectacular but in honesty isn't the fastest way to get around. Maintaining smooth flowing lines and smooth input on the steering wheel = smooth outputs of the car and keeping the wheels in touch with terrra firma at all times.

Remember it is a front wheel drive car with reasonable output!! Not a rear wheel drive, 4WD or rear engined rear wheel drive(VW FTW LOL) so remember the way you set up your car mighten be good for someone else.

The lows front and super lows rear concept was something I in conjunction with my suspension wholesaler came up with and perfected to perform nicely. The only other additions I had were koni sport adjustables, front strut brace, rear sway bar and camber adjustments front and rear.

A stock front sway bar is more than suffice for this car and the only way to make a heavier front sway bar work would be to go one stage heavier on the rear which simply isn't available on the market.

Hope this helps!! Happy to answer and questions via PM if the need be.

cheers SB

Eibachs are good Gav but only a 30mm drop according to the catalogue and are on the softish side of ride quality. Perhaps combined with Koni's might be ok but with KYB's or stocko's it will be a rather comfy ride in the lounge chair.

Eibachs are a 30mm drop on the European E12, but are closer to 40mm on the ZZR. My car sits marginally lower than Phil's.

Gav.