tyres noize become bigger

MR 988

hey everyone,

just installed a pair of used coilovers for my rear suspension a couple of weeks ago, the car has been lowered a lot, and tyres has also bent in a bit. But, tyre noize has become bigger, like eeeeiiikkk, when u drive just normally like in a straight line. Is that anything against the rubbers? or itz normal when the tyres bent in. Thanks heaps, everyone.

Edited by 1818

i think what youre referring to is the camber. our cars have independant rear suspension. seeing as youve put coilovers in, and its much lower than standard, the camber is now more negative (tilting in towards the car). if its excessive, it can cause more tyre noise and abnormal tyre wear.

and yes, considering what youve just done to the car, increased negative camber is normal.

You might just wanna adjust the camber bolts on the car to make sure that you're not going to wear the tyres out too much. Sounds like the coilovers came from a RWD car or something? Did you get a 4 wheel alignment after you placed them on?

You might just wanna adjust the camber bolts on the car to make sure that you're not going to wear the tyres out too much. Sounds like the coilovers came from a RWD car or something? Did you get a 4 wheel alignment after you placed them on?

as far as i know, only the toe in and out is adjustable on the rear. to correct the problem, maybe a set of camber bolts from whiteline?

Spose you might be right Lateralus, but why would someone have so much negative camber for a FWD on the rear wheels? It seems like something might be adjusted to cause the big camber angle.

Either way - if it were my car, I'd be taking it to a suspension shop, getting them to check the camber settings and install or adjust camber bolts as needed and get a 4 wheel alignment otherwise he's gonna eat them tyres.