Home Page Update

When will the moderator or whoever is responsible for this great site, update the home page. It's looking very tied and there's been a lot of Toyota news of late to replace all the out of date material that greets new arrivals and the rest of us to this web site ?

You have a good point there Deanja,

However, 99% of the regular member here actually skip that front page and comes straight to the forum. If you have not mentioned it I would have forgotten that it actually exists. But I will bring it up with other mods :)

Ken

You have a good point there Deanja,

However, 99% of the regular member here actually skip that front page and comes straight to the forum. If you have not mentioned it I would have forgotten that it actually exists. But I will bring it up with other mods :)

Ken

Thanks Ken for your support there. I guess my point is that a home page is like a car, if it's kept looking smart and in good nick it will attract a lot of admirers, if it's out of date (and in this case the latest home page posting is nearly 12 months old) people won't give the site a second look and dig deeper to find whats under the hood !!

Whilst your point is taken that regulars and experienced members might have bookmarked their choosen forum, for potential new members, at first glance, the site would, based on the home page material and the Toyota news etc., appear to have had it's day and no longer be current.

Look forward to other members thoughts and regular updates, mods etc. to the page. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, the cars on the home page have just about all be superseeded, the home page of a site is like the welcome mat at your front door, it should be clean and tidy, up to date so as to convince vistors to enter !!

With new items there well over 12 months and older, what is there that makes our site inviting and look progressive ????

Whilst we all may not visit the home page others do ...,.

Hey guys, the cars on the home page have just about all be superseeded, the home page of a site is like the welcome mat at your front door, it should be clean and tidy, up to date so as to convince vistors to enter !!

With new items there well over 12 months and older, what is there that makes our site inviting and look progressive ????

You also need to remember that this site is provided as a free service. Members like yourself who do not pay don't exactly help towards funding someone's time to be able to approach the update. Those that own this site have a life to attend to as well. They aren't paid to keep this site here. You may be thinking that the contributing members like myself should be able to cover this, but in actual fact, you need to consider hosting and all that as well which is where that support mainly goes.

Be grateful that you have this site for free in the first place and that you can be here without proper contribution.

You also need to remember that this site is provided as a free service. Members like yourself who do not pay don't exactly help towards funding someone's time to be able to approach the update. Those that own this site have a life to attend to as well. They aren't paid to keep this site here. You may be thinking that the contributing members like myself should be able to cover this, but in actual fact, you need to consider hosting and all that as well which is where that support mainly goes.

Be grateful that you have this site for free in the first place and that you can be here without proper contribution.

Your points are noted yet, but you can't deny my point ... IT'S SO OUT OF DATE !!!! and thats not a good look :(