Just purchased a 1996 Corolla AE102R CSX

Ive just purchased a 1996 Corolla AE102R CSX.

I just need some assistance in maintaining the body.

- The black strip running horizontally on the bottom of all 4 windows (outside) seems to be peeling off. What is the best solution to retain the black colour?

- Also the rear tail light (right hand side) where the keyhole is looks either faded out (it has turned light yellow where its suppose to be orange). Do you know why this has happened and where can I get a replacement from?

- Where can I get the spray paint to cover up some peeled off paint and scratches. It is the maroon colour

Thanks Guys

- Also the rear tail light (right hand side) where the keyhole is looks either faded out (it has turned light yellow where its suppose to be orange). Do you know why this has happened and where can I get a replacement from?

If you mean the light cover looking bit around the keyhole itself - that has no function but decoration. Furthermore it is plastic lenses glued into a silver coloured mount. This is called garnish. Its the whole unit that holds the number plate also. There really are none in Sydney from what i could see at wreckers etc. If you want one new, Toyota request $550. They may be reasonable and offer it to you for around $200. <_<

If you mean the light cover looking bit around the keyhole itself - that has no function but decoration. Furthermore it is plastic lenses glued into a silver coloured mount. This is called garnish. Its the whole unit that holds the number plate also. There really are none in Sydney from what i could see at wreckers etc. If you want one new, Toyota request $550. They may be reasonable and offer it to you for around $200. <_<

Yeah that's the one. Il check out the wreckers near my joint. How come its faded off? What would have caused it?

What about the black horizontal strip on the bottom of the window outside. Is there like a black spray or something that I can get? Its all peeled off and behind it just a shiny silver layer.

congratulations on the new car

glad to see another AE102 here on TOCAU.

u from the Sydney area?

Should post up some pictures of your car,because i haven't had any fading problems on my car as of yet.

congratulations on the new car

glad to see another AE102 here on TOCAU.

u from the Sydney area?

Should post up some pictures of your car,because i haven't had any fading problems on my car as of yet.

haha yeah thanks

im actually from MELB

Iv been in this forum for a while now. I also have a 04 rolla stivo.

i got the AE102 for the wifey.

How much do you reckon they are worth now? 96 model 176,000kms.

Yeah il post up pics asap.

Well mine was $5k. Had the same number of K's on it too.

I actually got quite a good deal. It was pitched at $8k cos it has exhaust done, 17's, tint etc.

Nice price. Post some pics up!

Any good mods to do on a AE102R?

Almost every single AE10x Seca I have seen has had the faded rear garnish...one more reason why I prefer the sedans, as it doesn't seem to happen to them :-D

Ohk. Il have a look at the wreckers.

What about the black horizontal strip that im talking about. How do i get that back, coz its all peeled off and behind it is just a shiny silver peice.

I've got a 1996 102R Sprinter with similar problems. if you can post up a pic of your rear light/garnish,. I'll see if its the same as mine or different. I've found a few at local wreckers that are different to mine, so they might suit you

I've got a 1996 102R Sprinter with similar problems. if you can post up a pic of your rear light/garnish,. I'll see if its the same as mine or different. I've found a few at local wreckers that are different to mine, so they might suit you

It's different. The 102 Sprinters have almost nothing in common body-wise with the sedan/Seca, the front bar may swap over and the doors could be the same, but that would be about it.

Does anyone know how much it will cost to get a new remote for this car?

And is it possible to get a key and the remote in 1 and not separatly?

BTW, i got the car today :)

Does anyone know how much it will cost to get a new remote for this car?

And is it possible to get a key and the remote in 1 and not separatly?

BTW, i got the car today :)

new remote from Toyota not worth it.

You might as well get aftermarket alarm/immobiliser.

Here is a photo of that trim or black strip i mentioned earlier

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

You can replace those but you'll have to get them from Toyota if you want new. Otherwise wreckers for seconds.

i was thinking of it just spraying it black if that would work.

theres also an oil leak on the rocket cover all around.

how much does it cost for a new rocket cover gasket?

Edited by layzie