2002 Corolla Conquest wagon trailer socket location

At present trying to find in the 2002 Corolla wagon the location of the trailer wiring socket (if there is one) so I can connect my tow bar/trailer wiring.

The tow bar was provided with a wiring harness with a connector.

Does anyone know if the socket is part of the 2002 Corolla wagon wiring loom and if so where is the socket located?

According to the 2004 Corolla sedan wiring diagram the trailer socket is part of the wiring loom with identification connector T21, not sure this is the case with the 2002 wagon.

The provided harness would connect to the T21 socket as described in the 2004 wiring manual

I have searched the Toyota Owners Club - Australia web site and Googled with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

I hope I have posted in the correct place, first post here.

Thanks,

Soundbyte

I visited the local Toyota dealership today and found out the deal with this socket location.

The person who was on the "Service Desk" wanted no part of me finding out any technical details without me booking for the Toyota crew to find and install wiring. NO THANKS.

The parts guy (thanks David) came through with the information after walking me over to the new car garage and chatting with one guys who install tow bars.

The trailer connector is in the loom, behind the passenger side rear side cover.

To install any trailer connector in this model you need to buy a Toyota harness as the after market version with only a connector and wiring will NOT work.

The cost for the Toyota harness is around $45.00 and includes a black box, cabling and good instructions.

I have seen a harness and there needs to be a cable run from the rear of the car to the battery from the black box (part of harness).

When I get the harness I will post the part number so that may be of assistance to others.

Soundbyte

Toyota dealer called and the parts have arrived.

The wiring harness is installed using the rear tail light wiring loom connections, both LHS and RHS.

It is a matter of removing one rubber plug to get wires into car and then remove connections to tail lights and plug

in wiring harness then plug connections for tail lights into harness, drill holes for mounting trailer connection on tow bar, recommended time .5 hours.

There is no black box so do not know what the other Toyota spares man meant.

Part number for the Toyota wiring harness for a 2002 Corolla wagon is PZQ61-12060.

I also picked up the little black clips for the rear door sill, P/N 90467-07152-B4. Nearly as much as the wiring harness!

Hope this might help someone else.

soundbyte.