overfilling fuel

SCOOTA44

did a siily thing the other night. filled the tank past the first click, went to start the car and it spluttered and the dash lit up like a christmas tree and in the display read (CHECK VSC ) checked all the fuses, nothing wrong there. after burning a bit of the fuel off it reset itself. dont know if anyone had same experience.

Nothing like that has happened before, although last week when I was filling it up, it clicked before it was even full. I knew there was still a few liters left so I kept going after that initial click.

Once I filled up my old Camry past the click and it just spat the petrol back out and made a mess down the side of my car <_<

Nothing like that has happened before, although last week when I was filling it up, it clicked before it was even full. I knew there was still a few liters left so I kept going after that initial click.

Once I filled up my old Camry past the click and it just spat the petrol back out and made a mess down the side of my car <_<

yes I did that with my camry too. I was only wondering what the fuel load would have to do with upsetting the VSC maybe its a fuel pressure issue ?

Nah ... overfilling will not cause the problem you just described as I do it all the time :P

Having said that I learn that once the browser click for the first time, I listen for the sound of rising liquid like filling up a cup and then know when to stop ;)

did a siily thing the other night. filled the tank past the first click, went to start the car and it spluttered and the dash lit up like a christmas tree and in the display read (CHECK VSC ) checked all the fuses, nothing wrong there. after burning a bit of the fuel off it reset itself. dont know if anyone had same experience.

Although the previous replies say otherwise, I believe the Check VSC light was caused from the over filling.

There have been a few previous posts confirming it, as well as on some American forums.

Nothing to worry about unless the light comes back on.

Also, I find the Aurion clicks when not full more than any other car I have filled up. When your about 70% through filling up take the hose out and wait a few seconds to let the the fuel settle then go for gold.

Although the previous replies say otherwise, I believe the Check VSC light was caused from the over filling.

There have been a few previous posts confirming it, as well as on some American forums.

Nothing to worry about unless the light comes back on.

Also, I find the Aurion clicks when not full more than any other car I have filled up. When your about 70% through filling up take the hose out and wait a few seconds to let the the fuel settle then go for gold.

thanks for that, I wont overfill it again, its been all good since the fuel load went down.

Yeah, no need to worry too much about it.... just try not to do it again.

The Aurion has a multitude of sensors on it related to evaporative emissions. One such sensor monitors the pressure inside the petrol tank and controls a valve that vents it into the intake. By overfilling it, you could have sent some fuel down the charcoal canister and probably played a little bit of havok with the sensors. All is well once it is resolved though, just bear in mind that overfilling the tank and getting fuel into the charcoal canister can shorten its life.

Apart from that, the thread that HT as lined to also talks more about it; ie. loose petrol cap or disconnected ventilation hose also causing the issue.

The Check VSC System warning must just be there cause Toyota probably thought it would grab peoples' attention better. I had mine come up after a disconnect MAF sensor.

Yeah, no need to worry too much about it.... just try not to do it again.

The Aurion has a multitude of sensors on it related to evaporative emissions. One such sensor monitors the pressure inside the petrol tank and controls a valve that vents it into the intake. By overfilling it, you could have sent some fuel down the charcoal canister and probably played a little bit of havok with the sensors. All is well once it is resolved though, just bear in mind that overfilling the tank and getting fuel into the charcoal canister can shorten its life.

Apart from that, the thread that HT as lined to also talks more about it; ie. loose petrol cap or disconnected ventilation hose also causing the issue.

The Check VSC System warning must just be there cause Toyota probably thought it would grab peoples' attention better. I had mine come up after a disconnect MAF sensor.

well after thinking it was a fuel issue, it wasn't. in fact it was tyres, I still had michelins on the back and after 41k they had worn out ( never get them again ) I did read in the manual about same tyres tread pattern etc, 2 new gt radials to match and the problem solved. thanks to all who helped with this problem. :D

i fill mine as far as the bowser lets me, maybe 6 or 7 clicks and never had a problem. the tire circumference makes sense. my friend had a monaro and the space saver tire gave him warning lights and couldn't go over 80km/h as it had a different circumference.

well after thinking it was a fuel issue, it wasn't. in fact it was tyres, I still had michelins on the back and after 41k they had worn out ( never get them again ) I did read in the manual about same tyres tread pattern etc, 2 new gt radials to match and the problem solved. thanks to all who helped with this problem. :D

Sure about that? Because if the problem is resolved (ie. the fuel issue), the Check VSC error will disappear after driving for several kilometres or so.

I've had bald tires before and did all kinds of sliding with them and never had a VSC error because of it.

Sure about that? Because if the problem is resolved (ie. the fuel issue), the Check VSC error will disappear after driving for several kilometres or so.

I've had bald tires before and did all kinds of sliding with them and never had a VSC error because of it.

Well mate lets just say that your car is as CRAZY as you that nothin will set of the VSC haha

have filled up 3 times since putting on the tyres had to reset it remove the positive off the battery wait 3 seconds, put it back on. i did this before i put the tyres on it reset but 20 mins later on it came again. after the tyres went on did a reset again ( I call it a factoy reset lol ) and not a problem since. querky sensors i spose.