Aurion Touring

czaja74

Just bought 2 years old Aurion Touring. It has 12 mths factory warranty and 2 years of extended warranty. Also it has Toyota Service Advantage service. It still has 2 services remaining. Just wanted to ask which will be a good dealer to drop the car for service. Also Do I have to use dealer to take advantage of Toyota Service Advantage or it can be any licensed mechanic?

The 'Service Advantage' is a Toyota/Toyota dealer thing where the dealer is subsidised by Toyota oz so that dealer servicing is more attractive to new car buyers.

Where are you located? Just asking because I dont know of any near 'In front of PC' :blink::lol:

I don't know how much this helps, but personally I would never take my car to be serviced at a dealership. I am sure a lot of others disagree, but personally I was more comfortable forfeiting my extended warranty and having my car serviced with a mechanic I know and trust.

I don't know how much this helps, but personally I would never take my car to be serviced at a dealership. I am sure a lot of others disagree, but personally I was more comfortable forfeiting my extended warranty and having my car serviced with a mechanic I know and trust.

If you have paid for the extended warranty and are not going to use it it is possible to cancel the policy (because it is an insurance policy really) and receive a refund.

I thought the same thing. I have 11 months factory warranty and 2x Toyota Service Advantage service at $120 each. I might forget about these and take it to local mechanic.

My understanding is that as long as the vehicle is serviced at the intervals and requirements in the service book you will NOT void/forfeit any part of your warranty or extended warranty. Using non genuine parts may cause issues if there is a failure of some sort, but getting a trusted mechanic to service your vehicle is your choice and Australian law protects that right.

I personally would just insist on a genuine oil filter rather than another brand.

Read warranty books. It states that car has be serviced whole warranty period at the dealer in order to keep an additional 2 years dealer warranty. Because I'm the second owner I cant get a refund for the extended warranty. I'm going to take car for the high pressure hose replacement to Cannon Toyota at Heidelberg. Did anyone had any experience with them?

I drive about half an hour to Patterson Cheney in Dandenong from my place whenever I want a service. Every time I go there, the car comes back cleaned, vacuumed and as good as new with all maintenance performed to perfection. I have never found even a single drop of oil or other fluids accidentally spilled like I have seen from local dealers. If there is an issue with something on the car, they go through great lengths to investigate it and even try to get a response from Toyota where required.

Never had a bad word to say about this dealer...