quick questions about parts from america

sikwitit

hello everyone on toca

im looking to purchase some indiglo gauges from america will this be a straght fit i know its in mph but on the inside its kmph?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-96-TOYOT...sQ5fAccessories

also does anybody know a link to the grill mod for a 96 camry i have looked on different sites but cant find it.

will headlights for a 92-94 camry fit on a 96 camry want to buy some black jdm headlights

http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota/1992_...xz00167569.html

sean

I'll answer what I can:

im looking to purchase some indiglo gauges from america will this be a straght fit i know its in mph but on the inside its kmph?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-96-TOYOT...sQ5fAccessories

It will be a straight fit providing:

- Everything lines up. In other words, the gauges and warning lights are in the same place as what the overlay has.

- The KPH scale is a 1:1 match to your current cluster.

will headlights for a 92-94 camry fit on a 96 camry want to buy some black jdm headlights

http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota/1992_...xz00167569.html

I wouldn't be concerned about the fit. What you should be concerned about is the beam pattern. The American beam pattern is the reverse to that of Australian headlights. This means that for Australian cars, the headlight has a short cutoff to the right hand side of the car. This is to provide maximum visibility with minimal glare to oncoming traffic. For American cars, there is a short cutoff to the left side of the car for the same reason. If you put American headlights on an Aussie car, you will end up with the wrong beam pattern resulting in either excess glare to oncoming traffic, reduced visibility, or both.

Example of American beam pattern:

800px-Low_beam_light_pattern_for_right-hand_traffic.svg.png

Have been told that the headlights can have the beams adjusted by adjusting the screw on the top of the headlight...

gauge lights WILL fit, but because the temp and fuel gauges are opposite... you'll have that issue. Trent outlines this anyway.

wouldn't have a clue about your front grill though mate.

Headlights can be adjusted but the beam pattern will still stay the same and thus won't work here in Australia. Taco and Speedo is opposite too from the fotos so it wont work.

yeah mesh how u cut of the centre of the grill and put the mesh behind it. dont want to take out to much

have got a reply from the guys in america they agree with what everyone is saying about the headlights and gauges.

sean

Anthony is right Shannon, that's what i was saying. I'm not sure what u mean by the grill mod Sean, do u mean mesh or what?

He's right... never said he wasn't. Two other Camrys in Australia have these same headlights and they work fine... just needed the bulbs adjusted (they were the clear sets, not the black ones)