Aftermarket parts in east asia

Hello.

I'll be visiting Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia and Singapore this August. Is it worth the effort to bring the parts for our Stivos from these places? I imagine in Thai, Camb and Mal may be difficult to find some garages, but Singapore should be easy... Do you know any shops that sell aftermarket Toyota parts?

Any info appreciated. Thanks.

I don't know exactly, as I'm flying to Bangkok, then want to see Angkhor Wat, and then travel down to Singapore... It's really hard to tell how much time it'll all take... but I'm assuming its gonna be 2nd od 3rd week of August...

I will be going to HK and Thailand in Aug or Sep and will be looking for car parts as well. Does anyone know where I can go in Thailand or HK? I know in Thailand they are cheap as chips there but u gotta know where to go. Also gotta speak their language to get a bargain. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

when u're in bangkok(no jokes, please :P), it's near MBK just a few street behind the famous MBK shopping centre, tell the taxi driver that you are going to Car Mart MBK. repeat, it's not IN the shopping centre itself.

there's heaps of car stuff in the area, esp toyotas since there is a factory in thailand. but do bear in mind the version of toyotas, esp corollas are not the same. some parts are the same like the 1zzfe specific parts. there is NO 2zzge officially available over there. if u're looking for generic stuff like ICE, gear knobs, wiper blades, it should all be there.

in HK, normally i head down to shandong street, there's a TRD shop along there as well as HEAPS of different stores selling lots of rice gear. just don't go down on a sunday, strangely enough (for asia) they don't open.

in sgp, there's another area called paya ubi, esp around avenue 1. if u guys are there around august, let me know, unless i'm in china, i should be in sgp at that time.

when u're in bangkok(no jokes, please :P), it's near MBK just a few street behind the famous MBK shopping centre, tell the taxi driver that you are going to Car Mart MBK. repeat, it's not IN the shopping centre itself.

The place is called "Car Boutique" if were talking about the same place. Loads of wheels and other shops close by.

I looked in KL and Bangkok, like you said, plenty of generic stuff available but nothing specific for our cars :( But their Volk lookalike are the best B)

If you're going to shop around in KL, be prepared to drive @ least an hour out of town to get somewhere. We went to this place called "N1 Racing" ... had loads of cool stuff, but again nothing for our car specifically. But turbos, brakes, gauges the works !! In the road where N1 racing is, there are loads of other car accessory shops ... give it a search on the NET.

but enjoy ... I know I did B)