gen 3 owners with subs

outback

hey hey, installing my sub,

and having trouble finding were to put the power cable through the fire wall,

there is a rectangle boot to the right with wires feeding into it, someone said i should cut a little hole in it and just feed the cable through it,

5oysfs.jpg

i've looked everywere and cant find anywere else, :help:

Yeah Bruce. Feed it thought there. If you can't manage to squeeze it through with the other wires (which most of the time you pretty much can't), then poke a hole in the flat section of the grommet a couple of centimetres away from the bulk of the cables. Poke a coat hanger through there (can even use the coat hanger to make the hole), and then look for it inside the car. Once it is all lined up, tape the cable to the coat hanger and feed it into the hole. Carefully pull it though into the car (helps to have someone outside feeding the cable to prevent it coming loose), and then you are set.

Once everything is all in the right place, if you want to be picky, put some silicone sealant around the hole you made on the grommet.

Unscrew that wiring harness off the firewall - makes it a ****load easier to pull the cable through.

I pulled my 4 gauge cable through there and went behind the glovebox, then followed it down past the left side doors, under the rear seat, straight into the boot.

Be sure to hold the cable in there tightly mate, bit of PVC tape wouldn't hurt. I managed to fit my cable through the same loom (tad tight... bit hard) but didn't have to cut anything though.

personally, i would not run the power cable through there, as that is the where ECU loom goes..... i ran mine through a gromet down near the wheel arch that lead into the qtr panel and back in to the cabin... not sure if camry's have that tho, could be a celica only thing.

personally, i would not run the power cable through there, as that is the where ECU loom goes..... i ran mine through a gromet down near the wheel arch that lead into the qtr panel and back in to the cabin... not sure if camry's have that tho, could be a celica only thing.

So? As long as you don't cut a cable, it's fine.

I've seen heaps of power cables run through here... they're fine.

So? As long as you don't cut a cable, it's fine.

I've seen heaps of power cables run through here... they're fine.

More importantly; make sure it is fused appropriately. When Mick mentioned that, I just imagined a major issue if the sub power cable was to short out and have an inappropriate fuse. Burnt out ECU wiring will not be fun.