new sportivo owner :D

hAmZ

hey all new sportivo owner from brisbane!

picked up my corolla sportivo last week and am loving it (except for some little things)

My first toyota aswell.

it's a 2004 Black preface corolla sportivo.

Stock as a rock, mint condition 1 owner since new.

I'm a nissan fanatic having all turbo nissans previously.

This is my 4th car. Had a 180sx ca18det, n13 pulsar ca18det and a 180sx type x. Got over all the police attention, and wanted something 4 door, newish, and with a bit of go. So i ended up with the sportivo.

Loving the lift and plan to do a few mods, not much as my other cars though. Whats annoying me so far is the shifting in the sportivo, it just doesnt feel 'right'. Might give the clutch adjustment a go.

Probably end up doing cai, exhaust and lowering. so if anyone have stuff for sale <<

So far collected a 05 mp3 6-stacker and a xforce twin-tip muffler (mp01) (kinda like mp02 muffler more, so if anyone wants to swap?) witin the week! haha.

looking forward to learning a few things from here.

gets some pics up later of it!

here's my old ride

post-16526-1260962764_thumb.jpgpost-16526-1260962835_thumb.jpg

Nice to see another Brissie member. You should join in with one of our weekly meets:

Brisbane Meetup (Every Thursday 9pm 8pm)

I'm sure there would be a couple there that would really appreciate another Sportivo turning up since their decline after the Aurion's started taking over :lol:

Welcome dude. Definately come out one of the Thursday nights.

Suspension is a big deal with the Sportivo. Highly recommend getting some decent coilovers, or a good spring and shock combo.

Also, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to get the Headers done either. Makes it so much 'easier' to drive.

My Sportivo always was a bit of a pain to shift gears... especially when you're up around the 8,000rpm mark.

Good luck with it all and keep us updated.

Word.

Welcome dude. Definately come out one of the Thursday nights.

Suspension is a big deal with the Sportivo. Highly recommend getting some decent coilovers, or a good spring and shock combo.

Also, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to get the Headers done either. Makes it so much 'easier' to drive.

My Sportivo always was a bit of a pain to shift gears... especially when you're up around the 8,000rpm mark.

Good luck with it all and keep us updated.

Word.

thanks for the welcome. yeah ill try to make it to the meets. what did you end up doing about your gear shifting problem? my one goes into gear easily at high rpm, but during gear changes it jerks and doesnt like bite straight away like other cars. my friends sportivo is exactly same problem like mine. we are attempting the clutch adjustment this weekend.