Performance chips

Coreyd

hey I found these on the net, performance chips for the corolla's i was wondering if any one has done any thing like it and has it worked.

Is it worth it, but they only cost like $30 sooo, im not sure.

I'm currently looking at a carbon fibre grill and cant wait to put it on when i get it. well if any one has done the chip mod give up a reply. thanks

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksi...-All-Categories

found another place they seem to be alot better and explained their product alot better where every one else really has not one as good,

:help:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-03-Toy...sQ5fAccessories

I'll repost it here for anyone who comes across it:

Don't buy it unless you want to waste money. here is what I have already said about such 'chip':
*slaps forehead*

I'll join you on that one. This whole market of cheap and simple plug in performance chips in unbelievable. Unless you are changing the ECU, getting it properly reprogrammed, or adding a legitimate piggyback, you are are not going to gain anything but a false sense of satisfaction that your car "feels" more powerful. I would give someone $100 and cover the price of the so called 'Performance Flasher/Chip' if they can prove that by adding this chip, they will get an extra 14HP out of their Aurion as the site calculates you will gain.

People will fall for anything these days.

On a side note, it's only an example from one car, but nevertheless:

Volo flash "Performance Chip" Dyno results are in!

hmm i dont get how it works if it connects to your obd2 port... as many know the obd2 is your bus network where all your modules talk to eachother... Engine Control Module, Body Control Module, Elecctronic Brake Control Module etcetc....

Does this obd2 volvo thingi flash the ecu or something :unsure: can someone buy this and try it please/??? lol

Edited by 123R-Prozak

... can someone buy this and try it please/??? lol

How about you buy it... my $100 bet is still open as per my quote above. A Brisbane Aurion member here has already tried it and it dynoed worse than Rowan's... 193.1HP (144kW) vs 199.7HP (149kW).

In the BMW thread included in my quote, the guy there reported that he a lower figure as well when he put the chip on compared to with it off.

Anyways, it's for the buyer to decide. It's your money after all.

Does this obd2 volvo thingi flash the ecu or something :unsure: can someone buy this and try it please/??? lol

Our ECU hasn't been cracked, and I doubt it ever will be, so it can't be flashed.

Piggy back or complete replacement ECU is the only solution.

... so when i get some spare cash i dont care about maybe i can get a definit answer if its crap.

And this is yet another way these guys manage to make money on things like this. I really need to get into this mod chip business. Could make some good money on the side.

I researched it, and couldnt find how it does make extra 20hp to 30hp, couldnt talk my mate out of buying one so i wrote down the results with my air to fuel ratio gauge i poped in his car and after like an hour of driving around i found that all it does is dump more fuel in, and we found it wasnt buring it all off because it back fired and it had never done that before.

... i found that all it does is dump more fuel in

Which is what you get when you make the engine think the intake air is cold. But when you don't have the extra air to help burn the fuel, all you are doing is wasting fuel.