small under seat sub

Yep there are a few underseat subs...i've only seen these ones in the flesh from Focal.

34qurth.jpg

10" underseat sub

hukkr9.jpg

8" underseat sub.

Never heard them or do i know how they perform,but i did have a little look at em when i bought my Focal speakers.

Yep there are a few underseat subs...i've only seen these ones in the flesh from Focal.

34qurth.jpg

10" underseat sub

hukkr9.jpg

8" underseat sub.

Never heard them or do i know how they perform,but i did have a little look at em out when i bought my Focal speakers.

cool just what i need!!! where can i get them, i bet they are pricey as

Thanks guy! ill go down to repco and have a look see, i assume itll need an amp aswell

Those ones, like most other under-seat subs I have seen, have the amplifier built into it. Stuff like this is an order only item I would imagine. Would also imagine it costing quite a lot.

William, I'm afraid you're not going to learn this lesson until you go ahead and buy one. :(

Well, if there's no stopping you, you might as well get the 10" focal, as 8" subs are puss, no matter how many watts they have.

Gav.

William, I'm afraid you're not going to learn this lesson until you go ahead and buy one. :(

Yeah. I'm a +1 on that statement.

Will, just harden up and sacrifice some boot space.

Well, if there's no stopping you, you might as well get the 10" focal, as 8" subs are puss, no matter how many watts they have.

Gav.

I beg to differ gav. I've got an 8 inch solobaric kicker in custom box and although it obviously won't compare to a 12-15 inch sub, With the remote I can turn it up just a bit to make the boot shake and all the way down if the kids are sleeping in the back- it perfectly suits my needs! It's stupid to go large on subs when you value your boot space and don't necessarily want a sub that ppl can hear half a Km away! William, speak to the salesman n sus out whether this sub is what you were after. Always seemed as though some people blindly buy 12< inch subs cos they have issues with size. If you want bass but you'd still like to be able to hear the mids and high notes then you don't need a big sub in the boot. It's annoying when you can't even hear the other speakers anymore coz the sub takes over

Edited by mannyMANNYmanny

Gav.

I beg to differ gav. I've got an 8 inch solobaric kicker in custom box...

That's not a fair comparison to an 8" flat woofer in a thin plastic enclosure with no air space, which are often just passive and driven by a much smaller speaker in any case.

It's good if that setup works for you, but unless if you have a whisper quiet car, you don't any real value out of these under-seat subs. You're just adding a midrange fill speaker.

Gav.

Edited by chicaboo

Gav.

That's not a fair comparison to an 8" flat woofer in a thin plastic enclosure with no air space, which are often just passive and driven by a much smaller speaker in any case.

It's good if that setup works for you, but unless if you have a whisper quiet car, you don't any real value out of these under-seat subs. You're just adding a midrange fill speaker.

Gav.

What I saw which was not particularly fair was the blanket generalization that 8 inch subs are "puss", regardless of how many watts they have which I obviously disagreed with. Good on you though for clarifying what you meant. Anyway I'd still give these flat subs a listen before I look for another option. They might just do the job

Gav.

Gav.

What I saw which was not particularly fair was the blanket generalization that 8 inch subs are "puss", regardless of how many watts they have which I obviously disagreed with. Good on you though for clarifying what you meant. Anyway I'd still give these flat subs a listen before I look for another option. They might just do the job

Nah, I was refering to the subject matter - [8"] underseat subs. I stuffed around for ages trying to get mine to be noticed, and that was in a fairly modern quiet car [2002 Mazda 323].

William, Infinity make powered sub boxes that will rock your socks off. They have a single speaker model, and then a rack with 3 speakers in it. Very pricey though, but good gear.

Gav.