Installing Apexi Rev Speed Meter

Guni

Hi Guys,

Installing an Apexi RSM and just want to confirm the following for those that has already done it.

The following picture of the pinout is from the Sportivo cluster, pinched from the shift light install thread (thanks defiant), and was wandering if we can tap it from there or is going via the ECU a must? If so, anyone know where to locate one?

gallery_3415_329_2978.jpg

Pinout 2 = ground

Pinout 4 = ignition

Pinout 9 = speed signal

Pinout 19 = tach signal

Cheers

:)

I went to my toyota dealer and asked for the wiring diagram of my car and this helped when installing and did not cost a cent. :lol: :lol: Here is where mine is located it is not in the way and easy to read when driving and i did not even use the apexi stand that i bought for it. I had mine professionally installed and they tried several positions before choosing this.post-1136-1263063149_thumb.jpgpost-1136-1263063407_thumb.jpg

For my sedan they used

speed wire pin A17 - SPD

The tach feed can be taken from pin A27 - TACH

they tap the ignition power and earth from the clock loom when installing RSM's to ZZE122's. use the ECU loom for these wires too, just ensure you use either the E01 or E02 ground wires (D21 or D31), do not wire it to the E1 or E2 ECU ground terminals.

Pin B9 - IGSW is the ignition switched 12V feed to the ECU.

I know the sportivo is different . but this might give you an idea. others will be of help with the sportivo.

Cheers Rocky

:toast:

Also found this. Its based on the 2zz corolla fielder's ECU. Wonder if that'll work too .... :huh:

Refer to diagram T10-e ;)

Cheers Davo.

Just need that confirmation :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 1 year later...

Apologies for bumping such an old topic - went to install my RSM today and have quadruple checked that I haven't gotten the wires wrong. The unit powers on but won't display RPM or speed. So I have at least the ground and power wires tapped correctly. I am referring to diagram T10-E from that PDF.

Any ideas? The RSM works, it came out of my old S13 silvia. Car is an '04 Corolla Sportivo (2ZZ).

Thanks in advance

Alf

Edit: Just went for a short drive, the speed reading works, just not the RPM.

Edited by ImPulse