Crashed my camry!!!!!!

h3ctic

Gday guys,

my beloved camry has seen better days. it was parked with the handbrake down and rolled into a tree. the rear is gone. i cant even open the boot. does anyone have any suggestions? the body is beyond fixing. but everything works perfectly. would it be possible to find another car with a crap engine and do an engine swap? is that a feasible idea financially? she's a gen3 wide body cam and the engine was running excellently and still is.

ideas?

questions?

prayers?

=(

Edited by h3ctic

Insurance will almost certainly write it off. If you do make an insurance claim, they certainly won't let you keep the engine.

You could keep your eye out for one with a bad engine and do a swap. Trouble is, how likely is it to find a gen 3 with immaculate body but dodgey engine? You could just get one in reasonable shape and do the swap anyway, at least you know the engine is in good nick.

I'd be doing the insurance claim if it's obvious the car's going to be written off.

Some Insurance companies allow you to purchase the car back from them at a cost... you could then part the car out and make more money back on that? You'd then have your insurance money (minus excess) plus whatever you make outta the car.