Could it be my CV's?

sketra

My car is having vibrations from about 110kms up to 140kms... could this be my CV's? I have a knocking sound when i try moving the passenger tyre and the nuts are tight so is it my CV's?

when you turn the wheel left or right, do you get a click / clunk noise coming from the steering?

if so, its your CV's

best to jack up the car and poke the CV boots with your finger. if something drips outs, time for a new CV boot

while your there, check for cracks in the CV boots as well :)

A knocking or clicking sound associated with taking corners or going around in circles is nearly always CV joints. If the CV boots are split, there's a good chance there is (or will be) an issue with the joint.

The steering vibration and play in the passenger's wheel could be a few things. If the movement occurs when your hands are shaking the wheel at 3 and 9 o'clock, the vibration you experience could be a bad tie rod end. If the movement occurs when your hands are placed at 6 and 12 o'clock, it could be bad wheel bearings. Bad wheel bearings often make a roaring or scraping noise proportional to the speed of the vehicle (but can also be due to rubbing brakes). The vibration could also be due to misaligned wheels or a flatspot on your tyres from heavy braking. It's also possible that there's a problem with the steering rack, though this is the last resort.

Well full lock both ways are fine.... i cant hear any sounds... and i dont think it would be a flat spot on my tire as i have not done any heavy breaking.... i wish someone could take it for a drive and give me a better idea of what it could be.... there is really no shaking in the steering, more in the body of the car. *sigh* im lost....

Edited by sketra

Ok guys we cnt seem to c any shaking from the car but yeah if someone can give my car a run and then they can feel it 4 themselves then that would be great

• 4 weeks later...
A knocking or clicking sound associated with taking corners or going around in circles is nearly always CV joints. If the CV boots are split, there's a good chance there is (or will be) an issue with the joint.

The steering vibration and play in the passenger's wheel could be a few things. If the movement occurs when your hands are shaking the wheel at 3 and 9 o'clock, the vibration you experience could be a bad tie rod end. If the movement occurs when your hands are placed at 6 and 12 o'clock, it could be bad wheel bearings. Bad wheel bearings often make a roaring or scraping noise proportional to the speed of the vehicle (but can also be due to rubbing brakes). The vibration could also be due to misaligned wheels or a flatspot on your tyres from heavy braking. It's also possible that there's a problem with the steering rack, though this is the last resort.

+1.... you should check them out before going for wheel alignments and wheel balances.

• 2 weeks later...
My car is having vibrations from about 110kms up to 140kms... could this be my CV's? I have a knocking sound when i try moving the passenger tyre and the nuts are tight so is it my CV's?

I have this shaking between 100 and 130

I thought it was my tyres so I replaced them with 245/35/19 however the shaking got worse.

Is it my bearings or cv's or somethig else?