My (sold) 97 Camry and new 07 Aurion

Silver-Aurion

nice work mate, the wood trim isnt really my taste but thats just me...

nice to see (from pics and from previous posts) that you take good care of it :)

any upgrades planned?

Plans would be to rip out the current CD stacker and replace it with the screen, amp, sub etc. I like my music. This time I won't be going el-cheapo like I did with the camry, I'll be going with expensive equipment once I've got the money and if I can really be stuffed, rip out the current tint and put in a darker one, about 30% midnight express.

The camry, I had them put in 30% midnight express and thought it was just right.

Also I've gotten heaps of inspiration from this forum for new rims too.

Only "mod" I've done is put in the slimlines.

One (slow) step at a time.. :P.

nice to see (from pics and from previous posts) that you take good care of it :)

any upgrades planned?

Plans would be to rip out the current CD stacker and replace it with the screen, amp, sub etc. I like my music. This time I won't be going el-cheapo like I did with the camry, I'll be going with expensive equipment once I've got the money and if I can really be stuffed, rip out the current tint and put in a darker one, about 30% midnight express.

The camry, I had them put in 30% midnight express and thought it was just right.

nice :)

have a look at mb quart speakers, im running their reference speakers and alpine amps and could not be happier with the sq im getting from them :)

lookin fwd to seeing more :)

any upgrades planned?

nice :)

have a look at mb quart speakers, im running their reference speakers and alpine amps and could not be happier with the sq im getting from them :)

lookin fwd to seeing more :)

I was thinking more along the lines of what DJKOR has done and kept the stock speakers and put in an amp and sub. Will have to see how it goes really.

With my Camry, I left the stocks on and didn't like it and bought new speakers which did not fit, so me and the bro in law had to make a custom parcel shelf out of wood.

You could not tell it was not the original parcel shelf, still got the old one in my garage :lol:

looking good there mate, and happy birthday :)

just a few suggestions, take form it what you want, and im in no way having a go at ya... i think the car is looking great and its clear to see the effort your putting into it! :)

instead of the turtle wax products, give meguiars swirlX (for your scratch remover) and NXT techwax 2.0 for your wax/last step product.

you will be floored by the extra pop that combo will give you. ive used the turtle wax on my old corolla which was also silver and while it gave good reflections and decent depth, the meguiars nxt techwax 2.0 just blew it away! and it gives you heaps and heaps of protection being a synthetic sealant.

my summer coatings include 2 layers of techwax 2.0 (or m21) at the beginning of summer, and multiple layers of meguiars hitech yellow wax for the depth and gloss.

winter coatings are purely techwax 2.0 for the crazy protection from the elements.

remember, the most important step is always the surface prep you do before hand. which is why i would recommend swirlx (after you clay the car of course)

but again, im really liking the look your getting from the car, and its great to see another user so taken into the deatiling side of things :) it poo's me to no end when i see a nice car that the owner has neglected and looks dirty.

keep it up!! :)

(oh and when you use up that armor all protectant, try gold class dash and trim foam cleaner, i used the armor all stuff your using now, up until i found the foam cleaner :) better protection and nicer smell :) ;) )

Thanks for the reply man :)

So from what I understand its

Wash

Clay (if needed or every 2 - 6 -12 months)

meguiars swirlX

NXT techwax 2.0

In that order?

Where can I find meguiars swirlX and NXT techwax 2.0? My local supercheap has very few meguiars products :(. From what I recall, I did not see those two products on the shelf last time I was there which was 3 days ago.

edit: Would these be it?

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-st...=104049#details

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-st...=214311#details

Also what buffer do you use? I really need to buy one, doing it by hand is a pain in the *****!!

Edited by unique

Thanks for the reply man :)

So from what I understand its

Wash

Clay (if needed or every 2 - 6 -12 months)

meguiars swirlX

NXT techwax 2.0

In that order?

Where can I find meguiars swirlX and NXT techwax 2.0? My local supercheap has very few meguiars products :(. From what I recall, I did not see those two products on the shelf last time I was there which was 3 days ago.

edit: Would these be it?

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-st...=104049#details

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-st...=214311#details

correct, swirlX is basically a light paint cleaner/swirl remover. bear in mind, if your paint has some serrious scratches or deeper swirl marks, then you may have to either do a few applications of swirlX or move onto somrthing more aggressive such as ultimate compound. generally SwirlX is a excellent paint cleaner/swirl remover so you should be right with that.

remember, Nxt 2.0 also has a small (very very small) amount of polishing action to it as well, so yo do not need to apply swirlx on every detail unless you really need to. (it also may be a worthwhile investment to look at a DA polishing machine, if you plan on detailing your car lots, i wouldnt be able to survive without mine! :P )

good luck with it all :)

Also what buffer do you use? I really need to buy one, doing it by hand is a pain in the *****!!

im using a Meguiars g220A Dual Action polisher... alsong with meguiars w8006 polishing pads (for paint correction and cleaning) and w9000 finishing pads (for applying pure polishes)

and i use a Mothers wax attack palm polisher to apply my final step products (wax)

:)

No wonder why you have such a deep gloss in your car :lol:

I sometimes just wonder if its all worth it, the car just gets dirty again under 24 hours (rain, dust bugs etc).

But once these products finish I'll go for the ones you recommended. I was happy with Turtle products, I guess I'll fall in love with meguiars :P

One more question, where did you buy them from? The polisher and pads?

No wonder why you have such a deep gloss in your car :lol:

I sometimes just wonder if its all worth it, the car just gets dirty again under 24 hours (rain, dust bugs etc).

But once these products finish I'll go for the ones you recommended. I was happy with Turtle products, I guess I'll fall in love with meguiars :P

One more question, where did you buy them from? The polisher and pads?

yeah i think that too sometimes, even worse when you have a white car :P but im one of those weirdos who acctually finds cleaning the car, relaxing! :P so.. yes it is worth it :) dont you fall off the train now mate! :P oh and once you see the water beading that nxt 2.0 gives, you will know it is worth the trouble :)

i purchased the meguiars polisher and pads from repco and the mothers wax attack from auto pro (which i think is called auto barn over east)

pretty sure if auto barn is the same as auto pro here in wa, they will do both mothers and meguiars products... the wax attack seems to be readily available here, but the meguiars DA polisher had to be ordered in...

:)

Edited by -DAvo