Whats my car worth now?

Well it looks like im going to get a company car now so IF I do, what price should I ask for for Sammy (my Sportivo)

He is a 2003 model (Bought in Oct 2003) and has 40,000 on the clock. Everything is original, it has the factory sports grill and the light up door sills.

Anything else I need to list?? What should I put as the asking price and what should I be prepared to drop to?.

Cheers guys

Blade

Yeah I know about redbook but I wanted more of a guage. The prices listed on there are a lot of the time simply wrong, they work off estimations of depreciation but sometimes the market pays more than a standard formula. Redbook don't use real time data all the time unfortunately.

When buying and selling use

www.redbook.com.au

to give you a good indication of what your car is worth.

Don't forget to add an extra grand for the spiffy aluminium door sills :P

Hehehe for sure :).

Its kind of sad. I want the company car because its going to save me $1,100 a month in loan, fuel, rego and insurance but I really am going to miss Sammy. He is the best car I have ever owned and when people get in him for the first time and comment on how awseome it is ESPECIALLY for a corolla im so proud.

I love him to bits but I also love $1,100 a month to bits too :D

Just had a look on carsales.com.au

The 2003 model has about the same K's on all the ones for sale and are listed for 24K - 25K :).

If I get 24K for it I don't need a loan to pay the gap :).

blade -

a mate of mine is actually a toyota/lexus salesman. he said when selling a car specially a fairly new one, don't just take the k's into account most of the time its also age.

he also said always go private don't sell it to a dealer. for a stivo that age be happy to get $24k for how old it is. if anything expect a little less. although it does depend on the person your selling it to. if you get someone willing that's good.

good tip is advertise it local newspaper and target students eg. yr 12's are getting their licenses. someone out there has a rich old man :D

good luck with the sale.

Well it looks like im going to get a company car now so IF I do, what price should I ask for for Sammy (my Sportivo)

He is a 2003 model (Bought in Oct 2003) and has 40,000 on the clock. Everything is original, it has the factory sports grill and the light up door sills.

Anything else I need to list?? What should I put as the asking price and what should I be prepared to drop to?.

Cheers guys

Blade

u want to sell ur grill or do a swap before u sell it?

Cheers guys

Blade

Do you have a cascade blue one??

,May 23 2005, 03:01 AM]

Cheers guys

Blade

im looking for a second hand sports grill dats why and just wandering if u wanted to sell urs or swap it with my stock grill before u sell it.

Cheers guys

Blade

im looking for a second hand sports grill dats why and just wandering if u wanted to sell urs or swap it with my stock grill before u sell it.

Yeah thats all good but if your car is not cascade blue its going to cost you as much to paint and purchase as it would to just purchase a brand new one in the colour you need :).

,May 23 2005, 03:07 AM]

Cheers guys

Blade

Yeah thats all good but if your car is not cascade blue its going to cost you as much to paint and purchase as it would to just purchase a brand new one in the colour you need :).

nah its all good, im an automotive spraypainter.

,May 23 2005, 03:07 AM]

Cheers guys

Blade

nah its all good, im an automotive spraypainter.

It all makes sense now :). As soon as I can confirm that im getting the company car then yes, we can do a trade. Man if I was a painter I would be respraying my Stivo to be Yellow, I reckon it would look seriously hot in a plasticy looking yellow colour :) Or even the blue that they use on the R34 Skyline's :).