aerial

Hi Guys

I have a 2003 Sportivo and I was wondering if you can get an extra aerial put on?

I love to listen to Rebel and I find it is very hissy, other friends cars can get it. Anyone know what I am talking about?

Thanks!

of course you can put an extra aerial on, the problem is mounting it and running it correctly. i'm not entirely sure on it, but you can buy ones that wedge into the gap between the boot lid and rear quarter panel, and probably run it off the main antenna wiring. maybe then it would double the signal receiver strength??

meh...

If you really wanted to get some serious reception with that particular station, you can start making a dipole antenna, using the frequency of your desired station as your wavelength reference. Then again this may require a little creativity to mount somewhere, so this would probably be if you were really serious.

If you really wanted to get some serious reception with that particular station, you can start making a dipole antenna, using the frequency of your desired station as your wavelength reference. Then again this may require a little creativity to mount somewhere...

...and an understanding of WTF all of that means. ;)

If you really wanted to get some serious reception with that particular station, you can start making a dipole antenna, using the frequency of your desired station as your wavelength reference. Then again this may require a little creativity to mount somewhere...

...and an understanding of WTF all of that means. ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAH :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

I'll put it this way... you can't simply connect two antennas to your car and expect it to work. The ability of your antenna to pick up your desired station comes down to the design of the antenna. It may just happen that for the station you want, the antenna is not that efficient at picking it up. You will have to unplug your current one and put in a different one that is more tuned to the frequency you need. Finding this though is difficult, so your next option is to make one up to replace your current one and make it so it is tuned to the frequency you need.

Basically have a look into making your own dipole antenna. This guide should be simple enough to follow:

http://www.northcountryradio.com/Articles/fmdip.htm