Importing tyres?

Ascendant Rice

As far as I'm aware, there are no specific regulations when purchasing tires overseas and having them shipped to Australia for use. It's quite common for used tires to be shipped over to Australia from Japan (due to their cars being retired early) and then being sold here for cheap. If we can purchase and use these tires, I don;t imagine there would be any issues with new tires.

I guess the one thing you need to keep an eye out for is what tires you get and the conditions they were designed for. Australian roads are pretty harsh and a particular tire you purchase from overseas may end up wearing faster than expected if they were designed for different conditions.

Also as well, because the tires take up a fair bit of space, the costs you save on the tires themselves may not be that great after you add shipping to the equation.

As far as I'm aware, there are no specific regulations when purchasing tires overseas and having them shipped to Australia for use. It's quite common for used tires to be shipped over to Australia from Japan (due to their cars being retired early) and then being sold here for cheap. If we can purchase and use these tires, I don;t imagine there would be any issues with new tires.

I guess the one thing you need to keep an eye out for is what tires you get and the conditions they were designed for. Australian roads are pretty harsh and a particular tire you purchase from overseas may end up wearing faster than expected if they were designed for different conditions.

Also as well, because the tires take up a fair bit of space, the costs you save on the tires themselves may not be that great after you add shipping to the equation.

i suppose, i guess the money i save on shipping would pay for the tyres? since the rims would be cheaper without tyres...

EDIT: Apperntly basicly no one in thailand uses Lenso wheels cuz they prefer the imported stuff, tho seeing as lenso is a thai company the wheels are ALOT cheaper over there. For example i can get 4 x17 inch wheels with decent tyres for 850 aud

Edited by Ascendant Rice