Climate Control for 2005 Model Camry

Ronnyboy

Unless you get all the required parts out of a wrecked Camry, the costs involved to change from manual to auto climate control is not going to be worth it. If you were to buy the parts from Toyota, you would be looking at around $2000 at the least, and that's being on the optimistic side. The reason for this is the manual air conditioning has cables to control all the air mix and vent positions. The auto air conditioning has this replaced by motors. As well, even something as simple as the blower motor is different between the two. With the manual air conditioner, the blower motor controls it's speed via a resistor pack and the automatic climate control on the other hand uses a digital controller. As a result of all this, you would have to change nearly every component in your current air conditioning system to those that the auto climate control uses.

It's one of those situations where it is just best to put up with what you've got. If you are truly are serious about spending such money on this procedure, I can provide part numbers for all the major components that you would need. But that said, if you are really serious about doing this, then you would have to be insane.

Unless you get all the required parts out of a wrecked Camry, the costs involved to change from manual to auto climate control is not going to be worth it. If you were to buy the parts from Toyota, you would be looking at around $2000 at the least, and that's being on the optimistic side. The reason for this is the manual air conditioning has cables to control all the air mix and vent positions. The auto air conditioning has this replaced by motors. As well, even something as simple as the blower motor is different between the two. With the manual air conditioner, the blower motor controls it's speed via a resistor pack and the automatic climate control on the other hand uses a digital controller. As a result of all this, you would have to change nearly every component in your current air conditioning system to those that the auto climate control uses.

It's one of those situations where it is just best to put up with what you've got. If you are truly are serious about spending such money on this procedure, I can provide part numbers for all the major components that you would need. But that said, if you are really serious about doing this, then you would have to be insane.

$2000 is not worth it. The max i was willing to Spend on Climate Control was $1000 (Tops).

I saw one of my work mates 36 Series Azura Model Camry the other day and it had the Climate Control Air Con.... It seemed like one of those Must have Items for the car....

Azuras had everything man :P Mind you they were the top of the range :)

Yes it has almost everything, the only few things i saw that was missing was a DVD Player (it has a GPS however),rear Camera and HID lights...

Otherwise all good :)