Interior Dash Silver

Foss

As this is of interest to owners of Camry, Aurion and potentially other models with the same silver finish on their dash, I figured I'd post this here.

While in Hobart the other day I stopped by the paint supplier that we buy all our paint from at work, to see if they could mix me up some paint to match the silver finish on my Aurion dash, for when I make my custom fascia for my touchscreen (link in my sig for details on my ICE project). After 10 minutes of comparing color swatches to the dash panels, we've found a color that looks pretty well exact. I haven't had a chance to test it yet as I left my car in Hobart for a few days to have work done, but when I get it back next week I will give it a burl and see how it goes.

I'll call up my supplier later today and see if there is some sort of generic code or something for the color so I can post it up here for the sake of anybody who needs the color mixed.

Also, if enough people want the paint I may be able to buy it in bulk for cheaper than you getting it mixed yourself, so post up and let me know, because if I get enough interest I will consider ordering a drum. Just note that neither the store nor I have any gear to make up pressure packs for you, so you will need some sort of spray unit. It is recommended to use a gravity-fed airless unit if you have access to one. Although i have access to one of these units at work, I'll be using an electric cup gun instead, because I have one at home and its easier to set up and clean than the work unit.