Strange problem with Auspack head unit...

Matt.

I tried to fix something that wasn't really broken and now i've caused myself a bit of a problem...

I had read on these forums that a nice little work around to be able to quickly change songs while navigating using GPS mode is to change the function of the MODE button on the steering wheel to flick to and from gps mode. I did this by entering the configuration menu via the AUX mode. While i was here, I thought I might try and change the next/previous buttons to be the other way around (like the default head unit). This is my problem! No matter what i seem to do, both buttons are always programmed to do the same thing - both buttons skip to the next track, or if i try to fix it both skip to the previous track.

Is there some trick to using this configuration menu? Has anyone had the same problem?

I tried to fix something that wasn't really broken and now i've caused myself a bit of a problem...

I had read on these forums that a nice little work around to be able to quickly change songs while navigating using GPS mode is to change the function of the MODE button on the steering wheel to flick to and from gps mode. I did this by entering the configuration menu via the AUX mode. While i was here, I thought I might try and change the next/previous buttons to be the other way around (like the default head unit). This is my problem! No matter what i seem to do, both buttons are always programmed to do the same thing - both buttons skip to the next track, or if i try to fix it both skip to the previous track.

Is there some trick to using this configuration menu? Has anyone had the same problem?

I dont have a auspack headunit but when i was programming my steering wheel controls i had to use a 660 ohm resistor due the values of 2 buttons been so close together (mode & track down) so mode worked fine but when i went track down it would change the mode on head unit.

I dont have a auspack headunit but when i was programming my steering wheel controls i had to use a 660 ohm resistor due the values of 2 buttons been so close together (mode & track down) so mode worked fine but when i went track down it would change the mode on head unit.

Where did you place in 660 ohm resistor? Why 660 ohm?

From memory there is 3 wires 1 gets earthed 1 wire does track up down volume up down then the last wire is the mode. When measured with a multimeter the values were very close (mode+track down) and the swi-jack (steering wheel control module) was only picking up 1 function so i cut the wire and added the resistor inline but that was for using the swi-jack not an auspack unit.