Tweeters in Gen 5 Camry

hoges

So, I'm putting in a few audio additions to my car, and wanted to know where the best place for the tweeters are? To put them in the factory location on the dash will require some mods anyway, so if it's going to be better someplace else, I guess now is as good a time as any to get it right!

I was thinking possibly insetting them on the black "sail" bit on the front doors, but I'm not sure if they will fit. Any better ideas?

So, I'm putting in a few audio additions to my car, and wanted to know where the best place for the tweeters are? To put them in the factory location on the dash will require some mods anyway, so if it's going to be better someplace else, I guess now is as good a time as any to get it right!

I was thinking possibly insetting them on the black "sail" bit on the front doors, but I'm not sure if they will fit. Any better ideas?

That's where I'd put mine if I were to redo my audio setup, but realistically I can't think of anywhere else because IIRC the A pillar is airbagged.

Yeah, I think I agree. I don't think I have any airbags in the pillars in my model, but cutting chunks out of the plastic on the a pillar isn't appealing. At least if I put it in the sail the black tweeter will look more stock I guess...

The baffles I'm getting for the the 6x9" to 6.5" converter thingo has room for the tweeter to go next to it in the door, but I don't think I want them down that low.

btw I love your stivo andrew!

Yeah, I think I agree. I don't think I have any airbags in the pillars in my model, but cutting chunks out of the plastic on the a pillar isn't appealing. At least if I put it in the sail the black tweeter will look more stock I guess...

The baffles I'm getting for the the 6x9" to 6.5" converter thingo has room for the tweeter to go next to it in the door, but I don't think I want them down that low.

btw I love your stivo andrew!

Oh, if there aren't Airbags in the pillars, buy 2 covers (wreckers or Toyota) and mod them to put the tweeter in a more suitable place. I'd go check, but I'm too buy procrastinating from study.

I would definitely not put the tweeter that low.

and thanks. Exciting week ahead as well...!

Kick panels if your tweeters arent big. This is because it gives the most evenly distance location between left and right. :)

You also forgot to mention: If you don't have big driving feet...

I ended up putting them on the black sail thing. Looks quite good and it doesn't sound too bad. Was also easy to install, unlike getting the amp power through the firewall...

I ended up putting them on the black sail thing. Looks quite good and it doesn't sound too bad. Was also easy to install, unlike getting the amp power through the firewall...

Might have to do the same thing.

When Dave was putting in my boost controller he discovered my tweeters were poorly installed and the tweeter had fallen down from the mount. It was somewhere behind the glovebox. The same applies to the drivers side one.

Might have to do the same thing.

When Dave was putting in my boost controller he discovered my tweeters were poorly installed and the tweeter had fallen down from the mount. It was somewhere behind the glovebox. The same applies to the drivers side one.

The only thing to look out for is that you can't inset them into the panel, because there isn't enough space behind with the bolts for the side mirrors. I have black tweeters, so it almost looks stock anyway.

• 3 weeks later...