Trying to source a 2ZZ-GE in Brisbane

Adaniel

Ive been trying to source out a 2ZZ-GE for a while it seems its really hard to get hold of, tried ebay trading post rang around a couple of wreckers seems like no one has one, any suggestions? ( I am in Brissy)

And Any way of fixin' the vinyl on therag top?

any suggestions would be great thanks!

Ive been trying to source out a 2ZZ-GE for a while it seems its really hard to get hold of, tried ebay trading post rang around a couple of wreckers seems like no one has one, any suggestions? ( I am in Brissy)

Check out Yahoo auctions Japan as there is probably 1 or 2 on there. Expect a price of around $1500-2000 without shipping and etc. Another option is to try one of the engine import mobs around town (can't remember any off the top of my head) and have them source you one from a Japanese wrecker. The 2zz was a rare engine in the first place here, so finding them second hand is even harder. The yanks throw them out with the smallest of problems since it was so cheap to buy a new long block there; so have a look around the wreckers there too.

Could also try contacting a member here, 'Neil Trama', he works on a lot of 2zz engines and might have some lying around.

If it's going into a 3rd gen MR2, you'll need the 6 speed to take full advantage of the engine. The 5 speed just doesn't work with it due to the gear ratios being longer.

i can get everything you need to put a 2zzge in a mr2, you nameit, i got it, pm if your interested