Mechanical Advice for Tarago TCR10R

timmcc

Hi I have a - Tarago TCR10R GETAWAY. The sliding door handle has broken and I need to remove interior door skin to fix it (i think).

The interior door handle is stopping me from removing the door skin. Could anyone advise how i remove the interior door handle ? Is it just a press fitting?

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks

Tim

Edited by timmcc

Hi I have a Remove interior sliding door handle - Tarago TCR10R GETAWAY. The sliding door handle has broken and I ned to remove door skin to fix it (i think).

The interior door handle is stopping me from removing the door skin. Could anyone advise how i remove the interior door handle ? Is it just a press fitting?

Thanks

Tim

Most inner door handles are held on by a screw, look for one behind the latch roughly in the centre, it may be covered up by a little press-fit cover too.

Hi I have a Remove interior sliding door handle - Tarago TCR10R GETAWAY. The sliding door handle has broken and I ned to remove door skin to fix it (i think).

Thanks

Tim

Most inner door handles are held on by a screw, look for one behind the latch roughly in the centre, it may be covered up by a little press-fit cover too.

/quote]

Hi Thanks for your response, Yes i found a screw on the latch to lock the door but the larger handle does not have any screws. This is the larger long thin handle on the middle sliding door that is used to open the door from the inside.

I cant budge it.

Thanks

Tim

Hi Thanks for your response, Yes i found a screw on the latch to lock the door but the larger handle does not have any screws. This is the larger long thin handle on the middle sliding door that is used to open the door from the inside.

I cant budge it.

• 10 months later...

Yeap, the handle itself is held on with a circlip.

To remove the circlip grab a piece of thin cloth such as a chux and work it down between the handle and the plastic washer that you will also see. Move the cloth around until it catches on the surclip and carefully remove it (watch it doesn't spring away).

The handle then just slides off.

The door skin is just held on with those plasic clips around the bottom. Just pull the skin until they pop out. Once these are out, slide the skin up to remove it (it sits on metal brackets)

I've attached a photo (sorry about the size) showing the rear of the skin which will give you an idea of the location of the plastic (yellow in my case) clips.

post-19350-0-21132100-1299577062_thumb.j

Edited by NormM

• 3 weeks later...

Yeap, the handle itself is held on with a circlip.

To remove the circlip grab a piece of thin cloth such as a chux and work it down between the handle and the plastic washer that you will also see. Move the cloth around until it catches on the surclip and carefully remove it (watch it doesn't spring away).

The handle then just slides off.

The door skin is just held on with those plasic clips around the bottom. Just pull the skin until they pop out. Once these are out, slide the skin up to remove it (it sits on metal brackets)

I've attached a photo (sorry about the size) showing the rear of the skin which will give you an idea of the location of the plastic (yellow in my case) clips.

Thanks for the tip NormM