How to change lights for Celica?

hotcelica

Hi,

I have a 7th generation (2000) model Celica.

I wanted to change the dashboard light colour from orange to blue. I have a light globe but im not sure how to do it. Anyone know a place i can get it done at? (In Melbourne) Or how can i do it myself?

Also need to change the main light inside the car again from default yellow to blue? how can i do this?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

AFAIK the dash lights in the 7th gen celica are SMD leds (surface mount) and cannot simply be swapped like you would a light bulb.

You would need to de-solder and re-solder new leds in their place, soldering SMD is quite difficult and definitely not something you should attempt if you don't know what you are doing.

As for your interior light you will just need to remove the cover and replace the bulb with a blue LED bulb of the same type (festoon most likely)

Hi,

I have a 7th generation (2000) model Celica.

I wanted to change the dashboard light colour from orange to blue. I have a light globe but im not sure how to do it. Anyone know a place i can get it done at? (In Melbourne) Or how can i do it myself?

Also need to change the main light inside the car again from default yellow to blue? how can i do this?

Thanks!

Checkout Ledmod.com they have various lights and parts for you to change the colours. I think you might have to actually buy an aftermarket cluster from them in order to change the lights.

As for the interior light, here's a diagram for the respective lights that are needed

19348Celica_bulbs_updated2.jpg