Cressidas and Grandes

Mr Toyoda

Hi

I am a true car enthusiast. I love Ferrari, Maserati, Porsche and Lamborghini. I have owned (briefly, until it's gearbox went) a 1986 Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0.

However, I am keen on some Toyotas. In particular, the early 90's Cressida Grande, all Camry Grande/Vienta Ultima (especially the mk II version of the first widebody car with the blackbean wood trim), Avalon Grande and the current Camry. I recently bought an Ateva with leather trim. Does this make me weird?

I wish I could find my old Cressida Grande brochure. I only have the specifications sheet. I like to collect car brochures. I even have one for the mk II Lexcen range (corresponding to the VR Commodore).

Do any of you like Lexus too? Superb cars. And how about the Nissan Infinit and Honda NS-X? Those Japaense cars were excellent.

Hehe...... I wouldn't go as far as to call you weird, but I don't know anyone else that keenly collects brochures on Camry's or Lexcen's. :P

I do appreciate some of the Lexus range. I must admit to still having a soft spot for IS200's. I think they are a design that really hasn't dated badly at all. In fact I would happily own one and would love a bag of money to throw some modifications at it.

NSX - These are a truly impressive car. I hired one for a full day going back about 8 years. Speed limited at 190km/h which was a shame, but still a great deal of fun was had. Quite a well balanced car as well on the twisties, but mainly it was fun for going fast in a straight line and also pretty handy off the lights as well. We greatly upset a guy in a Godzilla Skyline. On paper he should have had us, but I think a bit of turbo lag got him and he never made back the lost ground. Great fun.