Stock Audio Brand?

Hey All,

Just wondering what are the spec's on the Stock Corolla's Audio System?

I have found that the low freq's are quite good, however, if I bump the volume up on the aftermarket headunit a bit high, the low's turn into farting low's... and kinda suck...

I just wanted to know what is the brand of these speakers, and what are the specification's on these?

Most likely Fujitsu Ten manufactured. I wouldn't be expecting much out of stock speakers. Usually they are around the vicinity of 10-15 watts RMS. Cheap paper cone construction, not much in terms of voice coil and magnet. Details of the speakers aren't of much use.

Probably no different in quality compared to a $15 pair of speakers from a car audio shop.

Most likely Fujitsu Ten manufactured. I wouldn't be expecting much out of stock speakers. Usually they are around the vicinity of 10-15 watts RMS. Cheap paper cone construction, not much in terms of voice coil and magnet. Details of the speakers aren't of much use.

Probably no different in quality compared to a $15 pair of speakers from a car audio shop.

Thanks for that...

Just wondering, since I do not wan't to put a subwoofer in my car, as one day I may have to change wheels, and can't be bothered, with taking the sub out just to get to the wheel, is there any cheap alternative's to the stock audio in the car? I assume the front's are 6' and teh rears are 6x9's, the tweeter that comes with the car are IMO quite good, seeing as they really kill my ears, when I made my headunit only push out freq's above 8000K...

You can go for some sub which can be placed under the seat. Or then buy some low-profile sub, like Pioneer TS-SW1241D and make for it a custom enclosure which can be fitted under the spare wheel, like I did.

Ive an '04 model and the fronts were branded Toyota (although iirc and as mentioned were made by Fujitsu) and the rears were branded Pioneer.....

This.

The ones i pulled from the yaris were 6.5inch, paper cone and a very tiny (ie. 2cm in diameter) magnet.. They had 10w RMS stamped on them afaik.

They're usually Pioneer... unless they've gotten cheaper over the years... Mine are Pioneer, and the few other corolla's (06 onwards) I've looked at were... They sound a smidgen better than the newer speakers, but even so, aftermarket head-unit doesn't help distortion, without running a HPF at 125 hz...