Headlight Dull

Hey,

My drivers side headlight seems slightly dull in comparison to the passenger side headlight (see attachment), it also gives a different shape bright spot when parked near a wall.

Does anyone know why one would be dull and the other not? I have looked at the reflectors as best i can without pulling the headlight apart and it looks to be in good condition and also it has HIDs so wiring is not the issue as it was dull before and after the conversion(It wasnt one of those cheap and nasty HID kits, there is no glare for other road users :) )

Cheers,

Martin

P.S. the photo doest make it look dull, but there is a noticeable difference when driving and also when looking at the light on the wall.

post-10378-127505337461_thumb.jpg

not yet, the HIDs were a massive improvement for the low beams, the high beams did improve, but not as much.

I went HIDs rather than two new headlight assemblies because assemblies are $550 from toyota and noone else has been able to supply new ones for me.

I had a mechanic look at the reflectors today and the right reflector, while it looks good, is not in fantastic condition, so i will need to get a new headlight assembly at some point.

have you tried reseating the bulb? maybe the bulb was not in correct position. do you have the same pattern with the halogen bulbs?

I havent tried reseating it yet, though i did have the same pattern with the halogen bulb, it just wasnt as pronounced because it wasnt a bright.

have you tried reseating the bulb? maybe the bulb was not in correct position. do you have the same pattern with the halogen bulbs?

I havent tried reseating it yet, though i did have the same pattern with the halogen bulb, it just wasnt as pronounced because it wasnt a bright.

has it been in an accident maybe one headlight is aftermarket?

has it been in an accident maybe one headlight is aftermarket?

not that i'm aware of, it did have a respray at some point (worst job i have ever seen) but they just said that was due to hail damage. i cant figure out why one would be deteriorating faster than the other, and well at $550 each, i kinda wanna find out if there is anything else i can do before buying genuine.