Getting a 2010 Aurion Sportivo ZR6

hey guys,

this is mani from sydney. i've bought a brand new (2010 model) Aurion Sportivo ZR6. i'm very interested to be involved in discussions on these forums to find out more about this car and what kind of mods everyone is doing to the stock model.

It'll be delivered in about 2 weeks time. can't wait. will be posting up pics as soon as it arrives.

one question - does Toyota add the TRD Aurion wheels on the Sportivo ZR6 as an option. I'll speak to them, but wondering if anyone already knows. I don't like the stock wheels and was wishing to put the TRD wheels on it. If Toyota don't do that, can I get the original TRD wheels from somewhere else.

cheers,

mani

hey guys,

this is mani from sydney. i've bought a brand new (2010 model) Aurion Sportivo ZR6. i'm very interested to be involved in discussions on these forums to find out more about this car and what kind of mods everyone is doing to the stock model.

It'll be delivered in about 2 weeks time. can't wait. will be posting up pics as soon as it arrives.

one question - does Toyota add the TRD Aurion wheels on the Sportivo ZR6 as an option. I'll speak to them, but wondering if anyone already knows. I don't like the stock wheels and was wishing to put the TRD wheels on it. If Toyota don't do that, can I get the original TRD wheels from somewhere else.

cheers,

mani

Hey and welcome! :D Facelift model! Nice..

Why do you speficically want the TRD wheels? There are lots that look similar like those. The Kappa wheels are the most popular in the forum, often used by the rollas and the Aurions. Of course you can source the TRD wheels from a dealer - if not, you'll have to provide a VIN number which Im sure the members here won't mind helping you buying one, but dealer will charge you a fortune. Better to source an aftermarket ones..

Btw.. Toyota National Meet is also in around 2 weeks. If you're in Sydney and can make it, make sure you go there. :D

yeh, i had a look at the kappa wheels.. i think i can get way better ones by going aftermarket and that too for the same price. i was interested in the TRD wheels firstly because they look really good and secondly because they will be genuine. not sure if not going toyota genuine makes a difference or not though? and how much do the dealers charge for the original TRD wheels? any idea?

whats the deal with hubrings?

not sure if not going toyota genuine makes a difference or not though?

Just less likely to break due to cheap production quality. No benefits really.

and how much do the dealers charge for the original TRD wheels? any idea?

Last time I heard, it was around $700-$800 per wheel

whats the deal with hubrings?

It's to do with the hole in the centre of the wheel. Wheels will have a hole in the centre in which the hub of the car sits in and this is what centralises the wheel and does most of the support. If an aftermarket wheel has a hole in it larger than the hub on the car, you use a hub ring to make it all fit.

thanks a lot for the info. appreciate it.

do you think every toyota dealer would have the TRD wheels?

No. They aren't usually kept at a particular dealer. You have to go in and order them and they will ship it from where ever they have them.

Realistically though, for the cost of getting them, there are so many other wheels out there that you can get for a better price and a bit more unique. Personally, the cost of the TRD wheels isn't really justified in looks.

No. They aren't usually kept at a particular dealer. You have to go in and order them and they will ship it from where ever they have them.

Realistically though, for the cost of getting them, there are so many other wheels out there that you can get for a better price and a bit more unique. Personally, the cost of the TRD wheels isn't really justified in looks.

What price would be justified? (with tyres)

$2200?

Edited by u54mot

What price would be justified? (with tyres)

$2200?

Dpending on wat tyres they're on. You can even get a set of 20s with $2200. It comes back to individuals on their willingness to spend a certain amount of money for the TRD wheels. Personaly, I wouldn't pay above 2k for a set of those.

Those are expensive coz they have the 'TRD' image on them. But if you look from normal perspective, it's just another set of good looking wheels. :)

yeh, ill have a word with the toyota dealers to get a quote on the TRD values. I'll then check out the aftermarket as well and compare. I won't waste 700 to 800 on TRD wheels.

but anyway, any suggestions on the tyres (the rubber), which brand to go with, and any idea of the prices for a good set of tyres?

FYI: There is a set of 19" Gunmetal TRD Wheels at a Sydney Wheel and Tyre Store if any wants them. I've thought about buying them, but i don't think so.

They look as if they are brand new and in very good condition

Here is a picture:

DSC00751.JPG

FYI: There is a set of 19" Gunmetal TRD Wheels at a Sydney Wheel and Tyre Store if any wants them. I've thought about buying them, but i don't think so.

I wonder how much they ripped off the guy who once owned those.

Edit: Gawd I so want those.

I wonder how much they ripped off the guy who once owned those.

Edit: Gawd I so want those.

Daryl, if you really want them i'll let you know where, when you get down to Sydney next week.

Daryl, if you really want them i'll let you know where, when you get down to Sydney next week.

Thanks mate, but as I said above, the cost of them just isn't justified, even if thye are second hand (personal opinion).

I'm learning to live with what I've got :(