Will this oil be ok to use?

I've been given a bottle of Nulon 5w40 fully synthetic oil from a competition the car was in.

Im in sydney so the weathers pretty cold now, some morning the temp shows 12 degrees.

Will it be ok to use?

I will be using Nulon (Gold Bottle) 10-40 with my next oil change only because the KMs are now well over 60K mark.

Toyota recommends 5-30 and i have been using Castrol Edge in my 122 for years regardless the season , cant see a prob with using Nulon 5w40 .

I do let me car run for a min or 2 before start driving off at 4am .

Lot of ppl will say you dont need to warm up and its a myth but think about it this way

"you wont start running as soon as you open your eyes . (unless you are late)" ,a bit of warm up has never hurt anyone. :D

Edited by Rolla & Sao Boy

Whats the difference between the 5w30 and 5w40.

I always let the car warm up before i drive for about 3-5mins, by the time i put the laptop in the car, wave to one of the neighbours etc then the first 5 mins of driving is back streets so it doesnt really go over 2200rpm

It was a free bottle of oil for a dyno comp I won, so i may aswell use it if i can

its really no difference in the oil visocity... 5W30 and 5W40 difference is that the "40" can run at a higher temp than the "30"

Agreed. 5w 40 shouldnt be any problem at all from my understanding as its still as thin as 5w30 meaning it copes with the same cold tempreature range. The difference is as kenshin X said, that 5w40 can cope with higher tempreatures then 5w 30 .Theres plenty of members that are running 5 and 10w 40 in there cars and they seem to be more then happy with it.

please correct me if im wrong though , fairly new to all this stuff :unsure:

Edited by 2zz corolla